« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Wrestling Legend Mae Young

NOT DEAD

... But Gravely Ill

1/9/2014 7:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0108-mae-young-wweWWE Hall of Fame wrestler Mae Young is gravely ill ... BUT NOT DEAD ... this according to local reports.

Young -- the only wrestler to compete in NINE DIFFERENT DECADES (her first match in 1939; her last in 2010) -- was hospitalized and placed on life support in South Carolina last month.

Mae and fellow pioneer female wrestler The Fabulous Moolah returned to the WWE back in 1999 -- when they were both in their 70s -- and were involved in numerous iconic moments like being powerbombed through a table by the Dudley Boyz ... and the birth of "hand."

010914_mae_young_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jessi

Mae Young had more talent in her prime than most of the current WWE roster. Tough woman.

Your mom

Omg I remember watching that hand episode as a kid. I swear I thought it was real I was scared for some reason lol back then I thought wrestling was real lol

cowbulls

Mae entertained millions of people over the years and the children loved her. That's a pretty good legacy.

Vote2012

Must be a really slow day in Hollywood for news....I never heard of her.

alphamale8071

Are you people blind? It says at the top if you open your eyes and read, it says and I quote "The Post and Courier initially reported 90-year-old Young passed away, but later updated the story ... saying the wrestling legend is alive but very sick.

That means SHE IS NOT DEAD

verlinda

Love you Mae, a true legend in the sport.....

Lucille

Um....they said that she's not DEAD but, gravely ILL!

vin

she's not dead you morons!

Hellokittypink1

Wow people are stupid I do hope she gets to feeling better. GET WELL SOON MAE YOUNG!!!

Pandagurl82