« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MMA Fighter Joe Torrez

911 Call In Fatal Fight

'They're Trying to Stab Him!!!!'

1/13/2014 1:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0113-joseph-torrez-launch

**WARNING -- THIS AUDIO IS EXTREMELY DISTURBING**

TMZ Sports has obtained the 911 call made when 4 men invaded the home of MMA fighter Joe Torrez ... and the panicked caller describes the dramatic moment Torrez fights for his life ... killing one of the intruders in the process.

The call was made by a woman in Joe's home -- and she tells the dispatcher a "car full of people" arrived to their New Mexico house on January 1 with violent intentions.

The caller says the intruders were breaking windows and attacking Joe while children were hiding in a back room.

The caller says one of the invaders was trying to attack Joe with a knife.

After Joe fought off the intruders, the caller tells the dispatcher, "There’s a guy in here laying on the floor ... he’s an enemy obviously ... he’s laying on the floor."

As we previously reported, one of the intruders died from wounds sustained in the attack -- another was hospitalized with extreme facial injuries. The other two men ran for their lives, but were later arrested.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

chicago_animal

Why does Audio have to be released? It's none of our business.

pinklady

I guess they picked the wrong house to invade.

Gold37

This 911 call was so stressful to listen too. While the woman is clearly witnessing something horrific with a people yelling and fighting, the operator isn't helping any by yelling out stupid questions like "What kind of car did they come in!" Or "Who's fighting?!" Like, we know you have a job, but it's not the time to expect answers to questions. They really need to train their operators how to handle calls like these better.

boo boo

His real life KO record is better than his really really awful record in MMA. Even so, I'm picking Joe Torrez from now on. His wife wins the prize for biggest balls on a chick. 911 Operator....ugh....can you get some re-training?

rlemons

I couldn't even listen to the whole thing. I was getting pissed off at the operator! Freaking 20 questions. When someone tells u there's kids in a house that just got broken into then send the police now!

LaughAtU

I was hoping to hear that ****bag's last breath

sr

It dosent matter that hes not good in the octagon. He kicked a** where it counted. Hope he gets off, defiantly self defense

Bill5martin

That operator needs to be fired! How many f**king Times can you ask how people are there? She kept saying I don't know. Was she supposed to stop and count. The worst advice she gave was to go outside and get the license plate.I would have cursed her out and hung up on her. She wasn't any help.

boo boo

Maybe the operator knew who he was and isn't a fan. There really isn't any other explanation for the operator's response. Weird

Pillsbury Pancakes

"Extreme facial injuries"? Is that anything like Aspen Extreme, or Mountain Dew Extreme? Radical dude!

HoJo66618

He did NOTHING wrong here. Thank god everyone was pk besides the *******s

Jillkp

If you came into my house trying to kill me with my children hiding scared for their lives, I'd do exactly the same if I could. Good for him. He better not be charged for self defense and saving his family.

ThaMartarded1

I wonder how dude died, did Joe snap his neck...the other guy had extreme facial injuries...good for you Joe...these dudes deserved it...protect what you love

andled

Yeah he stab him. The city is trying to file charges against torrez.

Respect

Are you Kidding Me!!?? She wants to know what are the peoples names that came into the house!??? Is she F**king Serious!!!!???? How the hell are you supposed to know the names of someone who is going to your house to try and kill you??? It's not like you can say excuse me Animals can you stop for a moment? The operator wants to know ya'lls names. How stupid can that operator be? You need to find another line or work lady cause your verbal skills suck.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments