« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Evander Holyfield

I'm NOT SORRY for Punching That Horse

1/14/2014 10:09 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0114-evander-holyfield
Evander Holyfield
has issued an apology for talking about PUNCHING A HORSE on TV ... but here's the shocker, he never expresses any remorse for actually striking the animal.

As we previously reported, the former boxing champ appeared on "U.K. Celebrity Big Brother" and admitted he once punched a pregnant horse in the face because it bucked him off and he was embarrassed.

He also pissed off gay rights advocates during his stint on the reality show when he compared homosexuality to a "handicap" that could be fixed.

Now, after a public backlash, Holyfield is speaking out on Twitter ... saying, "I‘d like to take this opportunity to respond publicly about my recent statements regarding homosexuality and also my comments about animals."

"I am sorry to any person I may have hurt or offended" ... adding, "I am a man of compassion, and I believe that God loves everybody."

Notice he only apologized to people he "may have offended" ... NOT backing down from his statements OR his violent man-on-horse actions.

We're guessing he won't be invited to a rodeo ... or gay bar ... or a gay rodeo ... anytime soon.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

James R. - Los Angeles

Should have just bit the horses' ear off. But it's OK. Animal rights activists will catch up with you, sho' 'nuff.

SoManyIdiots

A REAL outstanding Christian. Animal abuser. Judging others. Hollyfield, I bet you lead a lot of people to the Lord.

veighey

****ing shame he got put out not by public must a sissy boy like Lee ******* Ryan

Dildo Baggins

Sarah Jessica Parker was punched by Evander Holyfield? When did this happen?

Ms.Kors

Mike Tyson bit his ear to hard

Bobo Frog

Has anyone mentioned Sarah Jessica Parker yet?

Outsider

Ha ha! He was jealous that a horse with a brain the size of a peanut outsmarted him. Too bad he didn't get kicked on the way down :(

will always love lea and cory

You Are And Always Will Be A PIg.... You Deserve all The Hate You Get.... Seems As If You Brought It all On Yourself... Boo F....N hoo

svt

It's too bad that some of these people commenting here are socially bankrupt idiots.

Rachel

Let me see if I get this, right... This man voices his opinion and now tmz is out to ruin him. As a social media website, you have your freedom of press, but a man has no right to have free speech, and speak his opinion. This isn't about a horse. This is about tmz trying to ruin him, because their liberal and didn't like his opinion. Over it. Team Evander

Djoayphp

Typical ******.

Karin

What other answer can we expect from a guy who made a career by getting hit on his head ? Dementia pugilistica I think the disease he has is called.

prplexed73

1 day later, still an a**hole.