Woody Allen's Daughter

'He Sexually Assaulted Me'

Hollywood Should Stop Praising Him!

2/1/2014 4:44 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0201-woody-allen-tmzWoody Allen's daughter claims the director sexually assaulted her as a child ... on multiple occasions  ... and says Hollywood should be ASHAMED of itself for praising him at the Academy Awards.

In an open letter published in the New York Times, Dylan Farrow goes into horrific detail about the alleged abuse suffered at the hands of the man who adopted her.

"When I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me."

In the letter, Farrow says Allen's abuse didn't end there:

"I didn’t like it when he would stick his thumb in my mouth. I didn’t like it when I had to get in bed with him under the sheets when he was in his underwear. I didn’t like it when he would place his head in my naked lap and breathe in and breathe out."

Farrow claims she would try to hide from Allen, but he would always find her.

As she got older, Farrow claims the abuse took a huge toll on her mental health -- and she was so messed up, she developed an eating disorder and even cut herself.

0201-woody-allen-Dylan-Farrow-gettyFYI -- back in 1992, Dylan's mother, Mia Farrow,  reportedly accused Allen of sexually assaulting Dylan ... and he was investigated ... but prosecutors decided not to pursue charges because Dylan was too "fragile" to endure a trial.

At the time, Allen denied the allegations ... saying Mia was simply bitter about his affair with Soon-Yi Farrow Previn (another adopted daughter ... who he later married.)

In her letter, Dylan then goes after several Hollywood stars who have praised Allen throughout the years:

"What if it had been your child, Cate Blanchett? Louis CK? Alec Baldwin? What if it had been you, Emma Stone? Or you, Scarlett Johansson? You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?"

"Woody Allen is a living testament to the way our society fails the survivors of sexual assault and abuse."

As for Woody ... he refused to comment on the New York Times story -- but has always maintained his innocence.

Tim M

If Eleanor Roosevelt was alive today we would have a better role model for our young ones to look up to besides this molester and justin bieber

RaineeDrops

That takes so much courage to find her voice and speak out, for herself and other survivors.

Very courageous young woman.

Mlnred

I'm 63-year-old worrying and I know that this is true that he molested his child. Always knew he was a strange a few CK

Stevonez

Very sad… I applaud her bravery for speaking out…

princeluvr41

I believe it

buggaz

Woody's being set up.

theroyalgs

Should be in Jail...not the red carpet...couldn't agree more

sheesh

Never liked him, never watched any of his movies. He got away with this, glad she's speaking out. Too bad they can't do something now. Hollywood should shun him.

Mlnred

I have never like Woody Allen WYN movies, why do actors and actresses want to work with this man. I have boycotted a lot of movies because of the actresses and actors that want to be in his movies. What if that it was their children?

jersey_Crip

Damn shame

nick

She should take apolygraph test on live TV....to prove to the skeptics that she is telling the truth

Marilyn

The sound of truth to me............

Mlnred

I'm outraged! I had a brother hope use me when I was very very very young and now are you still at 63 are suffering from my brothers abuse. I have no doubts that his daughter is going to her Renda's emotional things

Banksy

Sad story. Bring sexual assaulted isn't something that should be forgotten, made fun of, or swept under the rug. Unfortunately only thing Hollywood cared about is movie sells. His career should be over. Any children in his household under the age of 18 should be removed.

carmen

what a piece of **** he is. castrate him.