Philip Seymour Hoffman

'I Know

I'm Gonna Die'

2/4/2014 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0202_PHILLIP_SEYMOUR_HOFFMAN_TMZ
Philip Seymour Hoffman
was on a heroin binge 6 weeks before he died, and told friends he feared he was destined to fatally OD ... TMZ has learned.

Sources Hoffman confided in tell us ... back in December Hoffman told them he had started injecting himself with heroin and couldn't kick it.  Hoffman said he would kick it for a few days and then fall off the wagon.

We're told he went back to AA in a desperate attempt to clean up ... but much to his great frustration it didn't work.

During the last 6 weeks he often looked disheveled and dirty.  At one point someone asked him how bad his problem was, and he responded, "If I don't stop I know I'm gonna die."

We're told Hoffman was also drinking excessively ... which opened the door to many bad decisions when it came to heroin use.

Ironically and sadly, we're told Hoffman went to AA meetings over the last 4 years and was considered a "guru," because he had been sober for so long.  Hoffman would give inspirational talks to people who attended.

0203_remembering_philip_seymour_hoffman_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Blizzie520

R.i.p.

DaveL

Well he was right about that.

awards

What a sad loss; RIP Philip. My heart goes out to his family. And all addicts too, eh?

BLUE UGLY 💩

Junkies die everyday, it's time to move on

Craig

well real friends would have just grabbed him and drive him to rehab like it or not.....

GeneralNatty

Kind of disgraceful how TMZ can milk the sh*t out of a celebrity death.

MrHarryBawls2016

The bizarre part was how many bags of heroin he had in his apartment. Was he a dealer too? 50-60... bags of the stuff?! I love Wagon Wheels, but the most I have had at one time is 3 boxes-and one I gave to my kindly old neighbour "Jerry" as a gift. Your "thoughts"?

Troy S.

bkblueknight

can you please make the fishwrapper site go away?

MrHarryBawls2016

That is probably not the best picture you could find of The Hoff. Looks like Rosie ODonnell with a bad hair dye job.. =(

defref

Yes, yet you rip on Jared Padelecki when you are whoring his memory .... well done TMZ, well done.

defref

Dino the Dinosaur

AA brings you only so far. AA is not the solution to people's spirituality as they would want you to believe. The world is much bigger. He was counterfeited.

Lauren

I thought all heroin users were super skinny and gaunt?
I guess I was wrong.

Me0303

It's sad. He was a father, son...my father is a cone addict. Haven't spoken in years. For someone like me I see junkie.... Then I see the person. I remember watching the wagon come and go. Some people are in my opinion so addictive of a personality it's inevitable no matter how much they love or are loved by friends and family. Sad . Rest in peace, cuz I know you didn't live in it. Tmz, can we slow the articles? Have a bit of class.... I say that and yet here I am :(

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

Every "source" is now climbing out of their caves. Where were these "sources". When he was alive,and well? And on his "binge"?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments