« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Raheem Brock

Players Won't Shower

If a Gay Guy's In Locker Room

2/12/2014 12:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

021114_raheem_brock_launchThe battle lines in the NFL gay rights struggle will be drawn in the showers ... according to one former NFL star.

Super Bowl champion Raheem Brock -- who spent 10 years in the league -- tells TMZ Sports ... there will be a massive coverup when openly gay players like Michael Sam enter the locker room.

Brock says, "Guys won't go in the shower if they know a guy's gay in there. They gonna feel uncomfortable. I wouldn't [go in the shower]."

He continues, "I mean I would stay at my locker and chill until he's done getting out of the shower."

Brock says his feelings mirror those of a number of active NFL players -- regardless of whether it's politically correct.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Beauty

I don't blame them.

purpleman86

Yup. It's just a reality. If I was him I wud choose to shower apart from then other guys completely.

Reginaphalange

I agree

Hot Dumb Italian Mike

One of my brothers plays college football, he and buddies have always known theres closeted gay dudes playing. But he said they just ignore it, take a quick shower ,and get on the bus ,or get to their girlfriends,classes,etc. Makes sense, if you protest it, it might seem you're interested in guy lovin....hmmmm! Go STEELERS!

Pablo Escabar

Would a woman shower in the same room as a guy? No...same thing

HngBlkBtm

Like gay men like everything with a peen... They have preferences as well.

EJfan72

Ignorance continues to prevail-

arforama

Nothing close to a "star."

Bammbina

Closed minded fools! Pretty sure that just bc he's gay doesn't mean he wants to bang all the football players if they take showers together. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem if it was a female that had to shower with those morons.

mikefield_77

What an ignorant mentality. Just because he's gay doesn't mean he's going to try to rape you or won't be able to contain himself. Grow up.

Coconut

Well I'm not closed minded and I understand. It's like a group of women allowing a straight man to shower with them. Not going to happen. Or a group of men being cool w a woman showering w them. There will be sexual tension no latter the situation and therefore I understand being uncomfortable w that.

Madelaine J

The sad thing is they have been showering with gay guys for years! Just didnt know it.

Renegade467

Doesn't have to 'want to bang every guy there'. Men and women aren't allowed in the same locker room. Gay guy likes men, put him in with the women. Or make a separate room.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Coming from a guy that has slapped half the NFL teams ass.

LaughAtU