Ellen Page

'I Am Gay'

2/14/2014 8:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen Page -- who hit Hollywood hard with "Juno" -- just came out in pretty spectacular fashion -- declaring she's gay and saying, "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission."

The 26-year-old actress formally unveiled her sexuality at the HRC's Time to Thrive event, an LGBT conference designed to help the LGBT youth, saying, "I am here today because I am gay ... and because maybe I can make a difference."

Page said, "I suffered for years because I was scared to come out.  My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered.  And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of the pain."

Her next big film is "X-Men:  Days of Future Past."  Hollywood will embrace Ellen ... it will be interesting to see if studio big wigs will do the same.

TeeDee

Can we just put all these gays on their own planet. I'm so sick of them already. Nobody cares!

EnquirerLover

Duh.....but don't worry you'll soon grow out of it.

Bob

She's also Jim Lahey's daughter.

Chris

Celebrity narcissism of course, BUT, if she feels it will help others in a world I don't relate to, all the best.

Machelle

I would like to announce that I'm coming out. That is right. On tomorrow, I will come out-outside. That is, if the weather is nice. And if there's nothing good on TV. That is all.

Melbot

No ****! Glad to see my gaydar is still working perfectly...

NOT ELMO

Ellen Page -- 'I Am Gay'..................BECAUSE SHE IS AN ACTRESS IN BIG MOVIES LIKE THE-X-MEN I DON'T THINK COMING OUT AS GAY / LESBIAN IS SMART, SHE SHOULD'VE CAME OUT AS BISEXUAL, MANY ACTRESSES HAVE CAME OUT AS BISEXUAL AND MAYBE THEY ARE REALLY LESBIANS AND THEY KEEP GETTING WORK AS ACTRESSES, I'M SURE IF FOR EXAMPLE JENNIFER LAWRENCE, EMMA STONE, EMMA WATSON, ANNE HATHAWAY OR SCARLETT JOHANSSON CAME OUT AS GAY / LESBIANS THEY ALL WOULD LOSE MANY ACTING JOBS BUT NOT SO MUCH IF THEY CAME OUT AS BISEXUAL.----------IF YOU ARE IN SHOW BUSINESS / HOLLYWOOD AND YOU ARE GAY / LESBIAN THEN BISEXUAL IS THE SMART WAY TO COME OUT....

gossip gurl

She is a cute girl! Good for her stepping out as an inspiration for the younger set. I like how she addressed the constant superfical standards that Hollywood dumps on young people on a daily basis and how that even affected her self worth. She is a brave!

I steal pets

Blue Ugly comments on every story TMZ puts out. Wish we could see what "it's" face looks like, huh?

jeff boy

I think everybody already knew Ellen Page was a lesbian... Just like we already know Tyler Perry, Russell Simmons, Kelly Rowland (e ven thought she is marrying her male gay manager), Kanye West and Jay Z is gay.....

Luigi Severus Fletcher-Bieber-Horan-Tomlinson

She's 26? I thought she was like 14.

nORRis8

Oh what pain ...what turmoil.....whooooooooo caaaaaaaaaares already?

Making 1990ish news like its recent.
Elton John came out in 1976 for crying out loud.

KicksandGiggles

And fish can swim. Any more big news we all can share?

Recon

I don't get you ignorant bigots.
At my brothers funeral I had two guys approach me and tell me how accepting he was of them when they came out and treated them no different than before, unlike some of their friends that ditched them. This story wouldn't be a big deal but my brother was a fast rising hiphop star in one of north Americas largest cities . See, even with all the bravado, he realized that we're all just people. That when we are gone it's better to be remembered for acceptance than ignorant bigotry and hate.

barb