« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Paula Deen

I'm Just Like That Gay Black Football Player

2/27/2014 11:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0227_paula_deen_michael_sam_tmz_getty
Paula Deen has an odd way of proving she's not a racist -- she just dropped a metaphor ... comparing her n-word scandal to "that black football player who recently came out" ... aka NFL prospect Michael Sam.

Deen says she and Sam are in a similar struggle for acceptance ... because she feels like "embattled" or "disgraced" will always follow her name.

She told People magazine ... Sam wants to be known as a football player, not a gay football player -- and to drive home her point, she added, "I know exactly what he's saying."

Okay ... the obvious issues: What does Sam's race have to do with anything? And does she really want to compare her use of a racial slur to someone being gay?

Critics have been ripping Paula with comments like, "Maybe Michael Sam could compare himself to "that white, fat, redneck TV chef who used the n-word."

So we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ariesalyson

She is still being robbed! Such a shame!A beautiful southern lady who has worked very hard to earn her position in life.

Blueangelfish121

I still liked Paula after the whole N word controversy. I didn't even think she was racists. But after this statement, I now think she's is ignorant and oblivious to racial issues or struggles. It's sad

Blueangelfish121

She's brining more attention to herself by brining it up again. Who asked?

Mike L

Paula's twice the man Michael Sam will ever be.

Truth

You dumbazzes failed to destroy Paula Deen and you are so bitter about it. TEAM PAULA!

Jax

This old woman is a racist nutjob and her brother is worse. She deserved everything she got. I cannot believe ppl take up for her. She performs sex acts on food and curses worse than a sailor. Nasty!

tnylopez

Haha she's hilarious.. freaking line her. She needs to be back on tv

valerie sprague

Lets be honest here, its not like she is poor, she has made enough money throughout the years , to live a very comfortable lifestyle, so my pity meter for her isn't that high, perhaps, it would be beneficial for her to announce retirement, and move on with her life.

valerie sprague

Oh Lord please tell me this isn't true..Sweety, this isn't helping...love you

myopinion

Paula needs to hide and never surface!!!!!

ceebee505

Lol I think she just don't know when to shut up. I think she honestly don't know that she is being racist.

Madelaine J

I tried so hard NOT to read this...how the heck did she become such a great business woman? She obviously has zero common sense! Does she have a publicist? Shut her up already. Just cook you stupid woman! Talking is obviously not your strong point.

Champagne Jayne

Gordon Ramsay should manage her new kitchen and pepper her with obscenities and beat her with a hot iron skillet anytime she even opens her mouth to speak.

Lina

*Facepalm*

Idiot. Homosexuality is determined by a number of unavoidable factors, many set into motion before birth. Being a racist b!tch is a CHOICE.

boo boo

I can't believe she really said this. Doesn't she have handlers who monitor her interviews and tell her when to shut that yammering trap?!? Did she REALLY say that? Ugh!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments