Mama's & Papa's Pizza

Big Oscar Winner

Scores $10 Mil in Free Publicity

3/3/2014 6:34 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0303-bigmama-pizza
Big Mama's & Papa's pizza joint was actually the big winner at the Oscars -- it got more than $10 million in publicity and didn't have to pay a penny -- in fact, they actually got paid.

A single spot on the telecast ran for around $1.8 million ... according to Variety.  We timed it out ... Ellen spent 2 minutes passing out the 3 pies and another minute collecting the cash. That's $10.8 mil.

Big Mama's & Papa's actually collected around $75 for the 3 pizzas, so it may be the best ad deal in the history of TV.

By the way ... the cost of buying the spot doesn't take into account the cost of producing it -- which is generally a fortune.

Never underestimate those pizza folk.

0303_pizza_party_oscars_footer

Ace

When are we going to get a look at Big Mama and Papa, and how do they fit in that little store.

cluesarethere

For real.... More pizza story? Enough already.

ariesalyson

I saw the oscars last night. Ellen was a wonderful host. I would love to see her host again. She is such the life of a good party. Another thing I love about her is that she is the definition of a people person. She really looks out for the common folks. Good for her. If she likes Mama and Papa's pizza, I would love to try how good it is. Maybe they will makeIit a shame. Would have been nice to see one of tjem actually have a bite of their pizza instead of pasing it to the left, too stuffy to try it. Probably didnt want to get any on their suits and dresses. I would have worn the stain proudly.

ariesalyson

I.meant to say that I hope they make it into a chain, not shame. Lol.

charlei harper

Round Table still has my support...never had a bad pizza from Round Table...Meat Lovers,,.mmm...mmm...mmm...

ABB

Man! I still remember seeing the biggest pizza I have ever seen from here. A 36" monster that fed a very large party at our house. They should have ordered one of those puppies instead of 3 large ones. Pretty good stuff too.

D-INCARNATION

The IRS will come knocking soon and they'll be out of business if they don't pay up....

Ryang4646

The worse pizza ever gets publicity like this unbelievable, nowhere near Chicago pizza style . There pizza is very disgusting

BLUE UGLY 💩

Good, support ma & pa stores and not crappy national pizza chains like Crappa Johns

X

another advertisement disguised as an article to help promote TMZ's biz buddies..

Charm

Free commercial, free pics with stars eating their pizza and a $1,000 tip - plus additional time on the Ellen Show.

VinnyD

Funny, I happened to stop in there three years ago while visiting Hollywood. It was actually very good pizza.

Telstar

They totally crapped on a perfect opportunity; they should have had Taylor Negron deliver it.

CelebrityScum

The one percent ordered pizza? How nice.

Champagne Jayne

Poor Brad Pitt came back with an empty plate for his love Angelina, but she was secretly thrilled to miss the carbs or worse yet throw up the pizza later. Good job Brad! Great save.