Judge Judy

You Have 'Stupid' On Your Forehead ... Stupid

3/12/2014 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0312_judge_judy_getty

Judge Judy
has filed her first lawsuit EVER -- seriously -- against a guy who is shamelessly using her image to chase personal injury clients.

The TV jurist is outraged John Haymond -- a P.I. lawyer in Hartford, CT. -- used clips from "Judge Judy" along with clips of him and his daughters to drum up business.

Judy is especially pissed because she says she's never endorsed a product or the services of anyone ... to maintain her independent reputation.

She says, "Without seeking my authorization or consent, Mr. Haymond has taken that choice away from me for his own personal gain.  I cannot tolerate that, and intend to hold Mr. Haymond financially responsible for his actions."

Judy scolds the barrister, saying, "Mr. Haymond is a lawyer and should know better."

We looked for the ads and, just like the litigants who appear on her show, it appears Judy scared the crap out of Haymond because they are nowhere to be found.

Herhonner is suing for more than $75K in damages ... or in Judy's world, lunch money.

0313_judge_judy_pretty_pictures_footer

jennyquest

Shes justified in this suit and the 75k is a small amount because shes suing for the principle. She could have filed for millions like every other shmuck. Additionally, I hate when people say she makes too much money. She is a judge. She serves the people...and she does it well. Dont hate because she is successful...would you want someone telling you that you make too much money?

Rick

This women is fool she is a want a be judge.

Robert Simon

Grandma Judy.

jwb

cranky, overbearing, dried up old bat...she should be somewhere in a rest home.

garrett

there is one lady that has been on the bench to longggg

Pamela

Go home Judy. We are tired of your crude maner. No judge should talk the way you do to any one. Don't know how your husband and family puts up with you except you got the money.

BDSMASTER

Layer?

Paul

Judy will handel this Lawyer, This should be very interesting Don't think this guy wants to mess with the judge

Wayne D Stevens Sr

Judge Judy. This is my personal opinion. While I realize your show is strictly an entertain medium your decsions are somewhat lopsided quite often and based on your bias and private opinion and not necessarily the law. You say things that a judge sitting on the bench could be snctioned for. You have a gift for insults and offensiveness. So if sopmeone else has the opportunityy to use your accountings to a successful end so what. You need to prove damage and I don't see that possible. Actually his actions may have enhanced your popularity. Quit whinning. So sue me for my opinions.

John

You would think a picture of her would scare away business!

Wayne D Stevens Sr

Here's my opinion. She is way too opinionated to be an unbias judge and her ego is huge. From what I see she isn't as smart as she pretends to be but she does make a lot of money doing an entertainment show. That's all it is, entertainment.

tony

I think she would make a good President.

Alfreda

Judy is the most disrespectful and raucaus woman I've ever known. The show being geared to the reality type shows like Jerry Springer, a lot of noise but no point to it. I watch many court programs, never Judy. I'm amazed no one has taken a poke at her, no one is more deserving. I will be elated when they pull her show.

hattie

Judge Judi, is the rudiest person i have eve seen no judge has an attitude like this woman, she is a disgrace to our judges across the nation this is good for her Idiot.

Pat Regensburg

she's rude and can be obnoxious but she knows what she's talking about. I'd like to have her smarts and sometimes be able to be a little rude and obnoxious myself.