Lady Gaga

John Lennon Look-Alike

Cut from 'G.U.Y' Video

3/25/2014 11:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0325-lady-gaga-01
There are dozens of things that don't make sense in Lady Gaga's "G.U.Y." music video ... but TMZ has solved ... The Mystery of the Empty Coffin.

In the video, which has over 13 million views on YouTube already, there's a part where Gaga resurrects Michael Jackson, Gandhi and Jesus from the dead ... and they emerge from smoke-filled coffins. But if you watched closely, you would have noticed 4 coffins ... but only 3 resurrections.

TMZ has learned the fourth dead celeb was supposed to be John Lennon. We spoke with Alexander Karavay, who was cast for the part after submitting the photo below.  He shot his scenes, but was cut from the final version.

0325-john-lennon-01
Karavay says he's bummed he got the ax -- he'd told his family and friends he was in the video -- but he understands Gaga is an artist and perhaps it was her vision to cut him out.

We're all at the mercy of Gaga.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Even fake Lennon has more talent than Gaga

ariesalyson

My fiance's real name is John Lennon. His parents were hippies.

static

It's time she stopped beating the dead horse that is her latest album millions wasted making and promoting that steaming pile and still nobody cares people are tired of the self indulgent self righteousness. Art Pop? More like Art Flop.

taz

I am so sick of this woman. She used to be friends with Sean Lennon, why would she even think to include his father in her trash video? No class or original ideas. She needs to go away now.

Mason

Looks more like the Boston bomber....probably why the scene was cut.

Bob

Dude doesn't even look like John Lennon. That's probably why he was cut.

Rigby

Boring..

Teresa andrews

I'm not Christian, but putting Jesus and Michael Jackson on equal footing? Truly bad taste.

ShannBond

It's because he looks like the Boston bomber.....

Nick

Maybe he was cut because he looks nothing like JohnLennon.

Safire

Um yeah I think GaGa forgot that Jesus is not dead.

nof

Looks like Gaga had to start trimming length - felt the dude was not especially moving the story forward.

Drag but he'll get work from this anyway.

I'm blown-away by the song, the performances, the entirety/complexity of this piece is astonishing.

Whoever said Gaga was over was dead wrong.

In fact Gaga's just beginning.

Slash

Haha, it's funny that this brings out all of the jealous haters. I'll tell you what, I'd lick any/every inch of her. She's a talented artist with a smokin' little body!

fandinomia

I smoke too much weed to watch that video.. I would probably lose a lot of brain cells.if I watched it, my iq will drop a couple points. I don't listen to her sh*t.. but Lady gaga is talented, but uses it the wrong way.. no ones trying to see your stupid, weird "Artistic" b.s. just whoring for attention on a whole nother scale. I'm suprised some of theses attention whores don't like eat dog **** and claim its "art".

worldclass

The fact that she was even going to go there shows what a s*** bag she is.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments