Justin Bieber

Booed at Canadian Award Show

... But He Wasn't There

3/31/2014 8:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

033114_justin_bieber_junoawards_launch_v2
Justin Bieber won a Juno Award Sunday night ... and surprisingly, most of the Canadians in the building booed the ever living crap out of him.

Biebs won the "Fan Choice" award ... but clearly the audience in attendance didn't agree -- and when his name is called the place erupts in boos.

Lucky for Justin, he didn't go to the show ... and Canada's Olympic curling team accepted on his behalf.

Later in the night, a Canadian singer named Serena Ryder defended J.B. after winning an award ... but the damage had already been done.

Burn, eh.

verlinda

A Man without a Country

andrewlala

They booed because he wasn't there.

Truth

NO 1 CURR ABOUT THE JUNO'S... THAT'S THE FAKE ASS 12TH DISTANT COUSIN OF THE GRAMMYS. OOPS, ISNT THAT SPIKE LEE?? #TRUTH!!

think101

It's kind of sad, but he's to rapped up in self to care. Unfortunately same thing for the Parents.

tanzi

I won't lie like the biebs new album that confident track is so addictive forget the haters your beliebers still love you that's why he won the damn award I feel so sorry for canada coz the only artists that we know of are the ones that moved to America they better embrace their local talent

tanzi

And wth are junos are they the AMAS of Canada someone feel the gaps here

Clyde T.M. Nestra

When your own countrymen boo you, it is time to clean up your act. It's not too late, kid, you're only 20.

Brian

Why even give the piece of crap an award? It looks like Canada hates him as much as the rest of the world. Can we send The Bieb to Mars?

Rigby

Hahahahaha! I guess he can't go home. They don't want him either.

Rail Runner

Really TMZ a handful of Boo's equates to a crowd of thousands majority, you are pathetic Douches at TMZ !

HRH Prince Michael

I lived -briefly- in beautiful downtown Vancouver, BC.
I was impressed by some of the politest, hospital, and
FUNNY -Canadian-humor is very under-rate- citizens
which I've been blessed to encounter.
Neil Young and Trudeau? You' ll do good there.

Anyway, it seems so not-Canadian, the way they're
booing buddy. I respected the kid, at-first:
He was thanking Jesus at awards-show.
Seemed like a good-kid.
Bummer, he must of let "Justin Bieber" take-over.

liz

Am I the only one who didn't hear them "boo the ever living crap out of him"? There were some, but I mostly heard cheers. Seriously, do I need to get my ears checked?

DogsRule

Even The Canadians Don't Want Him ... Until He Grows Up!

tanzi

People keep booing 1D and bieber but they are good at what they do instead of booing they should have voted for those that they wanted to win end of the story

B4-I-FU-RU-18?