'Goonies' Director

Sequel is Happening!

4/5/2014 7:23 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Goonies SequeLCorey Feldman just got awesome news -- Richard Donner told us he's making a sequel to "The Goonies" ... and wants to bring back the entire cast.

Donner was signing autographs in Bev Hills when he dropped the bombshell  ... genuinely surprising our photog.

What Donner didn't say ... whether he'll recast the main characters and bring in Corey, Josh Brolin, Sean Astin and Data for cameos, or if these guys will actually play the same roles 28 years later.  A gnarly but interesting thought.

Goonies never say die!

Every couple of years Corey, Donner, or someone else says a Goonies sequel is coming. But it never happens. I remember hearing back in 2003 how they were making a sequel and it's 2014 now.

MrJules73

Should do a pre-quel 1 EYE WILLY

tammy

I really hate the idea of a sequel to this childhood classic . I have a sneaky feeling the sequel will have the original actors be parents , and their teenagers will now following the Goonies adventure . This is very predictable , lame , and ridiculous . Josh Brolin doesn't have to do this sequel because he is the only thespian from the cast that still has a red hot acting career . This would be a step down for him . The fans of this film need to band together and sign a petition to stop this foolish sequel .

paulla

Harvey...dude...You know what I hate about this article...you name all the actors by their real names except Jonathan Ke Quan whom you refer to only by his character name, Data. What, too hard to remember the asian dude's name, Harvey?

Umanyways

A sequel TV movie at best. A reboot will piss off the army of die hard fans.

chino gillman

Just NO.
Come up with an original idea, please.

I got all kinds of stories, music and art and these half wits get all the funding. My turn!

Alice

I'm not sure what to feel

Kapap

The last time they talked about it they said if the original cast was brought back, they would Retain their roles and it would be a Passing of the Torch to their children.

TonieKish

No. No, no, no!! Don't ruin a classic with a sequel. Ughhh.. Am I the only one disgusted by this?

Xfactor6978

Awesome the best idea ever ...

ariesalyson

I think the idea to bring the cast of Goonies back for a sequel is brilliant! The way the movie ended, it was begging for a sequel. I really like the idea of it being the original cast all griqn up.

ariesalyson

Typo! *all grown up!

KrissyL47

I hate when people write articles and include 3 peoples real names, and then the character name of 1 others person. Data's real name is Jonathan Ke Quan. You're welcome for helping you do your job, TMZ.

WickedSouL

Cant wait!

SuzyQueen76

I can't wait! I loved the Goonies the first time it came out, and watch the reruns whenever I can!! :)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments