'Seinfeld' Actor

Found Dead in Hotel Room

4/6/2014 2:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

John Pinette DeadStandup comedian John Pinette -- best known for his role as the guy who got mugged in the "Seinfeld" finale -- was found dead in his Pittsburgh hotel room Saturday ... TMZ has learned.

The Allegheny County medical examiner's office says Pinette died in his Sheraton Hotel room around 2:30 PM ... and foul play is NOT suspected.

According to reports ... the medical examiner did not perform an autopsy because Pinette's personal physician said the actor had been suffering from liver and heart disease.

Pinette had checked into rehab for a prescription pill addiction last August.

He was 50.

John Pinette Dead

DiM

Just so young!! Yeah, I enjoyed his stand-up as well.
RIP funny soul!

Yurra Knutz

R.I.P.

daniivontrager

The fact people are making fat jokes makes me sick. Just goes to show how insensitive and heartless people are As John himself would say? GET OUT OF THE LINE

GeneralNatty

Kind of insulting to call him a seinfeld actor ive been a fan of this guy for years and had no clue he was on seinfeld. Hilarious guy, great stand up, he will be missed.

I don't know why I even go on here.

That was a great episode he was in. Really funny guy.

greeble

This guy was an incredibly funny stand-up comedian. I'm sick of seeing him referred to as "Seinfeld actor". He had parts in many TV shows and movies, but I'm pretty sure most people will remember his hilarious stand-up act.

She's baaaack

How sad for him, being all alone in a hotel room when he died. RIP.

Butchcliff

May he rest. Funny good stand-up comedian. He was not really a Seinfeld 'actor' tho. He had about 1 minute of face time in the show's last episode.

Jessica

I am absolutely crushed. He was my favourite comedian. Too young. Too soon. I'll never forget this man for his awesome comedy. Thank you for the laughs John. I still can't believe this is true. NAY NAY!!! :(

Clark Griswald

The Man upstairs said, "You Go Now!". rip

MaxMeat

Very funny guy! Will be missed!

Brenda

He did his routine of the Chinese man making the overeater leave the resturant ," You go now, you no come back" for me in the middle of Printers Alley in Nashville. I was thrilled and he was such a gracious man and he will be missed.

Vince M.

TMZ This was a very funny guy ,his comedy shows were great why didn;t you put a clip from one of his shows to honor him not a clip he is in for 2 seconds and shows more of other people than him.... great showing of your
reporting skills TMZ....NOT.........

Jessica

Why TMZ are you saying Seinfeld actor when he was a brilliant stand up comedian and even toured with Hairspray. He was WAY more known for that than Seinfeld. Just for laughs and his I'm starving tour was way more known than that ONE episode. RIP John. I loved every minute of your work. I wish you weren't gone. Nay nay :(

Kevin O.

His dysfunction may have been outwardly evident, but maybe yours is deep-seeded, inward and more concealed. Either way everyone has dysfunction. Everyone's doing something that can and likely will one day cause their death. And there's NO denying that. So why not just stop the vile speak? Especially when all it does is paint you UGLY?