Matthew Lawrence

I'm All In

For 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel

4/17/2014 12:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0417-matthew-lawrence-then-now-getty-02At least one of Robin Williams' goddamn "Mrs. Doubtfire" kids wants in on the sequel ... Matthew Lawrence tells TMZ he would love to be a part of it!

The Internet exploded on Wednesday after it was reported that a sequel to the classic 1993 cross-dressing comedy was in the works. Both Williams and director Christopher Columbus are slated to return.

Mara Wilson, who played the youngest daughter in the film, quickly took to Facebook and Twitter to denounce the project, saying, "For the record, no, I do not have anything to do with the Mrs. Doubtfire sequel, nor will I."

But TMZ spoke with Lawrence, who played Chris in the original, and he could not be more excited about doing another one, telling us, "Of course I would be on board. I hope they make the second as good as the first. The first was so good."

Lawrence said he had no idea why Mara was so against the idea, but he says he's particularly excited to work with Sally Field again, adding, "It will be great to get the family back together."

kewljewl

I'm just gonna make a wild guess....gay? Yes Matthew...I believe u r. Not that there's anything wrong w that...

Rigby

He's still cute!!! Usually child stars turn into hideous whores or drug addicts.

SGT. Ryan Anderson USMC

..... And the world didn't even flinch.

Ono

test

Skit

Ohhhh nooo.. this is gonna suck.
First goonie and now this one? Hollywood run out of everything else? next thier gonna do another sequel to Home Alone or throw mama from the train again.

HRH Prince Michael

For the 8th-Grade "reporter" of this piece:
LEAVE GOD'S NAME, OUT.

Brien

Of course he would, he hasn't worked in years.

Carl

I'm sure the movie will be terrible, but if I were Mara I would stop worrying about the artistic quality of the film and realize you'd be getting a pretty fat paycheck. Take the money then go back to doing what you are doing away from Hollywood.

Criss

"At least one of Robin Williams' goddamn "Mrs. Doubtfire" kids wants in on the sequel"

That's an interesting way to phrase it!

Rectum?Damn Nearly Killed Him

What's he going to say no??? He has no career.

patsfan4life

Of course he's excited, this dude has done nothing since Boy Meets World, his careen has gone downhill

Just My Opinion

What in the world could the story line be about this time around? The dude still dressing in women's clothes?
What else? Falling in love with a woman that is dressing like a man? Falling for a man, and having a slap happy gay ole time?

Just My Opinion

I would like to know why the youngest one of the kids acts like she hates the idea of returning to do part 2.
I could be wrong, but the girl acts like she is mad about something.

Just My Opinion

The dude went from cute kid to handsome guy.

RD

I love it how people that were in successful movies years ago and haven't done anything in films worthwhile in many many years always say that 'they're in for a sequel'. That goes for Lawrence and the deadbeat creep Corey Feldman for a Goonies sequel. I guess they figure that this is their only hope to make some money and try to make something out of their movie careers.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments