George Clooney

Engagement Secret Blown

By Fiancee's Big Mouth Law Firm

4/28/2014 8:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

George Clooney Engaged Amal AlamuddinThe George Clooney has taken great pains to NOT discuss his personal life ... but his fiancee's law firm just blew the lid off of George's secret.

Amal Alamuddin's firm just issued a statement congratulating the happy couple.

The statement reads, "The barristers and staff of Doughty Street Chambers offer their best wishes and congratulations to Ms Amal Alamuddin, a member of Chambers, and Mr George Clooney on their engagement to be married."

Alamuddin is a big-time international lawyer, who has represented big names, including Julian Assange.

Clooney and Alamuddin dined at Nobu Thursday in Malibu and she was spotted wearing what LOOKED like an engagement ring ... sparking rumors that Alamuddin locked down the man that many, many women were unable to lock down before her.

Well done, Amal. Well done.

update_graphic_red_bar
11:42 A.M. PDT --  George's dad, Nick Clooney, also confirmed the engagement to TMZ, saying he and his wife are very happy for them. "We are thrilled ... my wife and I are absolutely thrilled ... we are excited for both of them. Amal is a very lovely girl."

TJ

Did "she" used to be a man??

FuckYouTMZFreedomofSpeechmyAss

He is old, with damaged goods! His time is up! Next..

Jayne

She's temporarily insane, to marry an aged movie star. And, I'm sure he's all star-struck by her association with Assange. She'll tire if him in a few years, if they actually marry at all. I think it would be great if she left him standing at the altar! She deserves better.

sloanmorganbrooks

she looks bigger than him she is ugly and gross and has a big nose w that yucky he should do better her job just used her to promote business

Ali

He's not going to marry her. He's just getting engaged to her so she appears to be an upright, nice muslim girl instead of his girlfriend du jour. When he tires of her she can retain some of her dignity and say her fiance left her rather than her boyfriend used her and dumped her. Also, I think this gal should be under a burka....for several reasons.

Decker

Huge mistake.

Clooney is GAY

For one hundredth, thousandth time… Georgie has been in a longtime GAY relationship with Rande Gerber, the "husband" of that DYKE Supermodel Cindy Crawford!!!

daisy

How very un-English to put out a statement like that - odd. I'm sure the wedding will be very soon, just like the engagement, they clearly don't want a lot of fanfare so something small in Italy or Mexico seems likely, yes TMZ?

bart

I have learned never never trust a lawyer especially when it comes to billing.

Barb

I'd like to see THAT Prenup!

perper

Of course they put out a statement....it's publicity for their firm.

TMS

Kudos to him for being able find someone as radically liberal as him (seriously, defending Julian Assange?!?!) and she's Muslim, to boot!

B

I think I used to work with this broad at Subway on 51st about 7 years ago. Made a mean pastrami & gave me a decent western style hand jibber one night. Good on George...

Barbara Rojas

I'm not sure they look like a couple. They just don't seem to fit. Hope for the best but....

Eripsa

Is she a Muslim? If so...George has to convert to Islam.