« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

I'M BOYCOTTING ESPN

Over 'Nasty' Michael Sam Kiss

5/12/2014 7:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0512-marshall-henderson-tweet-01
update_graphic_red_bar
8:13 AM PT -- Henderson is backtracking BIG TIME ... claiming his homophobic tweet was part of a twisted psychology experiment to see how the public would react. Suuuure.

Henderson wrote, "One of my best friends, WHO IS GAY, is about to graduate in psychology, asked me to say these things so he can have responses."

"The point of his study was to see how people react when others say things or act a certain way against another group of people."

He added, "Sorry for messing with everyone like that!!!  Everyone really helped my boy AND FOR THAT WE ARE EXTREMELY APPRECIATIVE!!!"

Meantime, Ole' Miss is already distancing itself from Henderson -- with Athletic Director Ross Bjork telling us, "I am extremely disappointed and we do not condone the statements made by our former bball player. We believe in respect and dignity for all."

"We use significant resources to educate our student-athletes about respect and dignity for all people and unfortunately not everyone gets it."

update_grey_gray_bar
Another sports star spitting homophobic venom over Michael Sam -- this time a college basketball star says he's going to boycott ESPN for showing Sam's "sickening" post-Draft kiss.

The man behind the homophobia is Marshall Henderson -- who became famous at Ole' Miss for his outrageous on-the-court antics ... including taunting opposing players, fans and coaches.

Now, he's going after Sam -- tweeting, "Boycotting sportscenter til this michael sam nasty ass sh*t is off. My brothers are 7 and 11 and saw that!!! #SICKENING."

Henderson's comments come one day after the Miami Dolphins fined safety Don Jones for tweeting "OMG" and "horrible" when ESPN aired the footage of Sam kissing his BF.

As for Henderson ... he was NOT expected to be selected in the upcoming NBA Draft -- and  we're guessing these comments aren't going to help his stock. For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

shanta588

He's right though but since the world is pushing this gay agenda he will be shut up soon and forced to apologize I hope not stand strong.

jc

Was it sickening because Sam was sucking cake off his boyfriend's face, sort of a "get a room" and too much PDA moment whether the couple was straight or gay. There was more PDA going on than anyone in the history of the NFL draft, it was an awkward TV moment for a NFL draft. A lot of people were uncomfortable with it outside of any homophobia.

MsSumlin

Okay.

rammom

Perfect opportunity to teach your little brothers that everyone is different and some girls like girls and some boys like boys and that it's ok to love who you love.

K South West

Marriage is so glee

Unbroken Chain

I feel like gays should be in the NFL, and that in reality out of the 250 drafted each year, I guarantee a few are gay. However, to have a long kiss with that guy like that was so contrived. It's like he was just pushing it in our faces and I'm sure he was told to do that by someone. It's just not necessary. No one needs to see that. Like the song says: "you've got to hide your love away"

K South West

Let's just force analsexx down peoples throats as well

Colombian necktie

That's nasty foh

Keksi

Finally someone is standing up to this new Satanic world order.

Stand up before it is too late.

Joe

It isn't homophobia venom... He is just expressing his opinion.

Ashley

I didn't see the clip, just the still photo of it. I get that it is a sight many haven't seen before. However if it was him kissing his college girlfriend would this be an issue? I highly doubt it. So who cares men kiss men, girls kiss girls, and men kiss girls. But to boycott or even make a comment on it? Live and let others live, no one is getting hurt so just shhh and take the opportunity to teach your siblings about acceptance of others. The thing is in their generation it will be more accepted and they will be wondering why their previous generations have been so ignorant.

Keepin' it Real

Mr. Henderson should just delete ESPN from his remote control and then try to get a life.

jc

by the way, the people who watched it live were the only ones to see the cake smooshing and sucking and perhaps some tongue between Sam and his boyfriend. ESPN has never replayed it since and it's not available from them online. You have to view it via third party online. They know and Sam knows that was a mistake to air that will not go over well in the Rams locker room. They went to Bill Polian of ESPN afterward and he looked very uncomfortable and stunned.

ihateTMZ

I did not watch the NFL draft so I can't comment on the kiss. I also don't agree with his comments but he is entitled to his opinion and should not have to apologize for it.

Jewely

I am not a sports fan so I really don't know. Do they show straight players emotional private moments on TV as well? If they do show these moments between men and women then everyone who is speaking out against this can **** off and die. If not then be angry with ESPN and not the fact that this guy loves a guy. I'm sad I won't be around when all these generations of hate are dead and tolerance is no longer the minority.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments