Bounce House Disaster

Winds Lift Kids 20 Feet in the Air

5/13/2014 1:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Bounce House DisasterIt looked like a replay of the Balloon Boy fiasco ... but this time 2 boys were seriously injured when they fell out of a children's bounce house that got lifted 20 feet in the air by strong winds.

It all went down in South Glens Falls in upstate New York ... where cops say the two boys (ages 5 and 6) both suffered serious injures. They were airlifted to Albany Medical Center and their current condition is unknown.

WNYT says parents told them one boy landed on a parked car and the other landed on asphalt. There was a third child in the house when it went airborne, a 10-year-old girl, but she was apparently uninjured.

While police said the house was blown 20 feet in the air, WNYT says it was more like 50.

Police say the bounce house was staked into the ground and several adults were present at the time. Right now police say they are viewing the incident as a "tragic accident" and don't expect any charges to be filed.

0513-the-bouncy-house-sgfp-01

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

greeneyedjeepgirl

I was going to make a rude comment, but since 2 boys were injured, I will keep my mouth shut!! =X

Pudding Tang

That looks more like 50 to 75 feet in the air. Real good police work saying it's only 20 feet, while there is widely viewed photo showing otherwise.

ts

That looks like a lot higher than 20 feet.

HRH Prince Michael

I humbly invite Everyone, to please pray for all those affected by this tragic accident.

Rhubino

I sure hope they recover. And it will make one helluva story for their grandchildren.

Liz

How the heck? That's all I gotta say. Those poor kids :(

Smiley3

Those poor babies...I hope to hear a good update they recover...a parents nightmare watching that

Celeb Gossip Addict

Boy, that took my breath away for a moment there. I hope those children are ok.

D-INCARNATION

geronimoooooooooooooo

BrxwnSkinnedLady

Who took the picture? I'd be too horrified to even think to so that smh.

Skit

hmmm how about suing the company that provided it with the dold downs. Is there wind restrictions on when you can use them? Is the company responsible for securing the bounce house?
I smell a big lawsuit!

Skit

Wait TMZ... you forgot to identify the race of the kids hurt.
Isnt that the TMZ way.. race bait everything?

jessssc

Terrible.. and bouncy house rental companies will all file bankruptcy. Lol.

marie

That's nuts

Skit

Hey,,,, Mexicans have a new way to jump the border... Via jump house on a windy day!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments