50 Cent

I Didn't Blow Off My Son's Graduation ...

I Wasn't Invited

5/19/2014 9:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0519-marquise-jackson-facebook-post-0150 Cent didn't abandon his son on high school graduation day -- despite an emotional Facebook post from the kid -- instead 50 claims he was intentionally blocked from attending by his son's mother ... at least that's what 50 is telling friends.

Sources close to the rapper tell TMZ, Fiddy is extremely hurt and upset by the photo his son Marquise Jackson posted on Facebook Sunday crying in his cap and gown while hugging his mother.

Marquise wrote, "Yea I broke down. I was really excited to see my pops at my graduation but he never showed up smh. My sister and mama is always there for me just know that you wasn't. I did it without you."

But 50 disagrees ... telling friends he was never told when or where the graduation ceremony was, or he would have been there. FYI, the ceremony was at Marquise's private school in ATL (the same school 50 reportedly foots the bills for).

We're told 50 spent last weekend in NYC for a charity event.

billson1234

I probably would not attend either the kids main influence in his life was his mother and since her and 50 are not together anymore and from the things I've seen or heard about her she's super vindictive so it'll explain that lack of respect for 50 the kid looks exactly like his father but he's a younger male version of his mother like I said a while ago kids brainwashed against his father

boo boo

It's simple really: you talk to your son and tell him you want to go to his graduation. You ask your son when/where the ceremony is. You call the school to secure a pair of tickets (don't be greedy and ask for special treatment or 20 tickets). You show up early with balloons and take him out to lunch. Fake nice with the rest of the family for your kid's big day - he earned it. The end!

billson1234

mrs_wright

Why are people talking about his grammar? Writing on instagram vs writing an academic paper are completely different! ~stop being *******s

billson1234

James Bond

Fiddy should get a refund from the school because it looks like his son went to a $.99 cent university.

billson1234

fresera

I think the real story here is that he graduated despite his atrocious grammar. Our education system will pass just about anybody, apparently.

CaliCakes702

Here's a grand idea...how about you actually communicate with your son and find out your fu*king self.

Teresa andrews

Graduation dates aren't a state secret. 50 could've easily found out the date on his own.

Teresa andrews

mrs_wright

mrs_wright

bigwill

I call his bs on dat he knows the kid school as a dude who grew up without a dad he should know better ok why didn't he use the same pi's he used to dig up fake Ross ****. I hope ur son bcomes da next Obama n say **** u like u doing him

Observer

B.S.

You should KNOW when your son graduates,
and you should BE THERE without having to be told?

Weak Azz excuse from ANOTHER ABSENT parent.
or "So Called" parent.