Eric Stonestreet

Beefs with Kiss

Over Perceived Mom Diss

5/29/2014 6:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Eric Stonestreet Kiss
"Modern Family" star Eric Stonestreet called out Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley for being rude to his mother on a flight yesterday, but Stanley claims the whole thing was a misunderstanding.

Stonestreet ripped the rockers on Instagram, claiming Simmons tried to "bully" his mom out of her seat and then mocked her by asking for her autograph -- and even threw in an old lady jab, calling her ... "Aunt Bee."

But Simmons fired back ... claiming the whole thing was made up, and he "would never be mean, especially to mothers."

Stanley also tweeted that the whole mess was just a "misunderstanding of joking."

Stonestreet accepted the sort-of-apology with a white flag tweet, "Thank u for that. She did tell me you let her go first. I will tape my glow in the dark KISS posters back together now."

0528-subasset-stonestreet-instagram
update_graphic_red_bar
Stonestreet tweeted a separate response to Simmons, throwing his mother under the bus. He wrote, "Ok @genesimmons. Take care. I assure u, I will have a stern talk with my mom about making up stories. Old people, ya know? OUR apologies:)"

AndNoneForGretchenWieners

Eric Stonestreet has a bit*h fit over anything. He's known for his diva attitude. Tried to approach him at Disneyland as a big fan of Modern and he was an *******.

zombie

Gene Simmons is a greedy, entitled old man who's day in the sun hasong passed. Keep riding that Kiss train without the REAL Kiss involved. I totally believe he did this. Look how he has treated his wife.

BLUE UGLY 💩

I believe it, Gene Simmons is a known jerk

YUsoSTUPID

Well look at how they treat Ace. This doesn't surprise me.

TuxThePenguin

Gene is a self-absorbed dick.

HRH Prince Michael

My younger brother James John, is THE biggest Kiss fan
in the world.
Perhaps next-time Mr. Simmons and Mr. Stanley
board, maybe the Captain should advise:
"YOU WANTED THE BEST......"

King David Vs. Goliath
King Hezekiah Vs. 185,000 Assyrians (Fed-Fascists?)
King of Kings Christ Yeshua Vs. Death
The House, ALWAYS wins:
The Declaration of 2008
www.All4webs.com/q/f/Love4Yahweh
The Final Declaration
www.All4webs.com/x/w/All4Yahweh
The 2013 Sentence
www.All4webs.com/f/o/king
His Royal Highness Prince Michael of
The House of David
www.Flickr.com/photos/72265268@N08

Tazz

When someone says it's a misunderstanding of a joke, that means you are guilty of it and so self centered you will not be a man and admit what you said because you know you were and ARE an assh ole.

stu

Paul & Gene look like Aunt Bee w/ bad plastic surgery.

stu

Like Marylyn Manson... these 2 should never be out in public without makeup!!!

She's baaaack

I'm assuming mama was making the whole thing up? It sounds to me like she has attention getting issues or is heading toward dementia. Gene Simmons is just plain gross.

atomicplaygirl

Eric Gene is just jealous of you in that your momma isn't afraid to fly. Gene's own mother refused to fly to be at his wedding. You clearly are blessed with a cool mom and trust me Gene is not.

atomicplaygirl

I think back to all the interviews where Gene was so embarrassed to be near Ace (granted, Ace was being a giggly drunk). I wonder how often Paul is embarrassed to be near Gene.

Nonetheless looser

This hurts me I hope your not mean to weaker people I'll prey for you

JFO

So .... I guess next time you'll find out what happened before you jump on Twitter and insult everyone you can over something you didn't check out beforehand.

MrsK