Justin Bieber

I'm Sorry

For My Racist Joke

6/1/2014 2:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0601-justin-bieber-tmz-01Justin Bieber is apologizing for telling a racist joke when he was 15 ... blaming it partly on his age.

Justin tells TMZ, "As a kid, I didn't understand the power of certain words and how they can hurt. I thought it was ok to repeat hurtful words and jokes, but didn't realize at the time that it wasn't funny and that in fact my actions were continuing the ignorance."

Justin goes on, "Thanks to friends and family I learned from my mistakes and grew up and apologized for those wrongs. Now that these mistakes from the past have become public I need to apologize again to all those I have offended."

Justin continues, "I'm very sorry. I take my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously and I apologize for offending or hurting anyone with my childish and inexcusable mistake. I was a kid then and I am a man now who knows my responsibility to the world and to not make that mistake again."

And Justin says, "Ignorance has no place in our society and I hope the sharing of my faults can prevent others from making the same mistake in the future. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to say but telling the truth is always what's right."

Justin ends with this: "Five years ago I made a reckless and immature mistake and I'm grateful to those close to me who helped me learn those lessons as a young man. Once again....I'm sorry."

053114_justin_bieber_launch

Honest~Gal

The difference between Paula Deen,Donald Sterling is they were more advanced in age,at 15, Justin was dealing with Hollywood,peer pressure and lest we not forget an under developed pituatary gland, which sometimes does impulsive things before we think, we are all guilty of teenagerDUM, not to say al kids a-re this ignorant,but he has made clear by the company he keeps,he isn't racist. Leave it to Tmz staff to try to begin a race war, I say we can get beyond this,it was an off color,in bad taste joke,he apologized,so why did it get brought up now after how many years, tmz trying to start crap between races,because the staff devours drama in any form!

bkblueknight

dont worry black people hes still open to the idea of you guys using him to make money and promote yourselves.

Richie Incognegro711

Reset that public apology clock back to zero days. How long til another one

lili

I'll forgive the little dork cause I no he's not a racist

Richie Incognegro711

He said " ignorance has no place in our society" . Ignorance is the most abundant think in society

LilMermaid

I don't like Justin but seriously, what teenager didn't crack a racist joke here and there. He has nothing to apologize for. He was just being a kid.

Anony Moose

His two butt buddies are black, how could he be racist?

So Nasty So Rude

He just should have said.. Some of my best friends are black!! Like he wanted to say #pouringitonthick

PearlJam20

Your no longer eligible to buy the Clippers Biebs!!!!

Gizmo

he blames everything on his age lol what a clown! IM ONLY 19! I WAS ONLY 15 haha

this untalented fraud will be dead by OD or drive 100 mph into a wall eventually. he's so cookie cutter hollywood.

nick

Yes but all white people believe they are superior

taz

He really should apologize for the diaper pants...still waiting.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

what has 10 legs and says ho-de-do ? the temptations trying to catch an elevator!

Sadiemay

This little puke isn't sorry at all.

cj

He grew up? When did that happen?