Melanie Griffith

Divorcing

Antonio Banderas

6/6/2014 8:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas DivorceMelanie Griffith has filed for divorce from Antonio Banderas ... TMZ has learned.

Griffith's legal docs cite irreconcilable differences as the reason for ending her 18-year marriage.

In the docs -- filed by disso-queen Laura Wasser -- Griffith is asking for child support and sole physical and joint legal custody, although it's pretty much moot -- Stella, their only child together, turns 18 in September.

Griffith is also asking for spousal support.

The legal docs do not list the date of separation.

Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... the divorce is amicable.  As for dividing property, we're told it's a little complicated ... they have lots of real estate, both in the U.S. and Spain.

This is Griffith's 4th divorce.   She was twice married to Don Johnson and also married to Steve Bauer.

It's Banderas' second divorce.

0606_melanie_griffith_antonio_banderas_split_footer_v2

Frosticles

I think it's time she fire her personal psychic!

lonnie Lucas

He has put up with her for years,she has always acted nutty,she has some kind of mental issue

Miss k

Thank god love antonio , he doesn't have to deal with her drug problems . He's still a good looking guy so I am sure he will be fine .

cmde26

That's too bad. Divorce is too common of a word today

MAX

her face kept melting on him when she was on top

Carole

They separated once before a long time ago I think and it was about him cheating then but I'm not really sure but they got back together and were very lovey dovey. I don't think he looks that great anymore either. I wouldn't be surprised if they make up again

my 2 cents

Well hello Antonio !

victory

Not cool showing where Melanie lives. TMZ should have blacked out her address.

VictoriaGirl

My guess is that he left her because he couldnt put up with her drinking anymore but she filed for divorce before he could.

weloveyoumj

What happens to her tatoo?.

Nan

He has stood by her side for years trying to help her. She has been in rehab so many times... She has a lot of personal issues that she needs to solve herself. She has had so many plastic surgeries that he had asked her to stop. I think he truly loves her.

nof

I've forever loved anyone/everyone ever repped by the great Arlyne Rothberg.

Classiest talent manager of all time.

Blew my one shot with Arlyne - (on CPW in 1983)

re: Carly Simon's "You Know What To Do."

Never forgot her kindness/how special Arlyne made me feel.

As a result always wanted to write for Melanie -

i.e. My current piece about a legendary NYC psychiatrist -

Putting back together.

The once-traumatized and traumatizing childhood.

Of a then spectacular Columbia University writing and producing (film) student.

Sorry about all of the "me" in this.

But I will send the piece to Laura - who knows, right?

Steve Wilson

Surely Antonio Banderas can do a lot better then old over the hill high mileage Melanie Griffith.

Lin

They are both good actors and worth watching their movies. I wish them the best. They're just normal people that have problems like we all do.

Gretel

I always wondered why they were together for so long. She has major issues. I bet he let her file so it makes him look like the bad guy.