Tracy Morgan

Walmart Will Take Responsibility

If Its Driver's to Blame

6/7/2014 1:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0607-tracy-walmart-01
Walmart is stepping up ... saying it will pay expenses for the victims in the crash that left Tracy Morgan in critical condition Saturday morning if its driver is found at fault ... this according to their CEO.

Walmart President/CEO Bill Simon says they're working with investigators to figure out what led to the crash ... adding, "this is a tragedy and we are profoundly sorry that one of our trucks was involved."

Simon says, "We can't change what happened, but we will do what's right for the family of the victim and the survivors in the days and weeks ahead."

Prosecutors have already charged the driver, Kevin Roper, with death by auto ... among other charges.

Sieron

I could have swore I read somewhere Walmart wants their drivers to work 14 or 16 hrs in a row and not pay overtime. But of course no charges against them

ellie

Don't believe a thing Walmart says. They will try to pay as little as possible. I say hire a lawyer ASAP!

WTF

That means they're going to fight it has hard as possible in court. They'll spend millions in legal fees to avoid responsibility.

namers

Death by Auto, as in Vehicular Homicide. Sounds like no one was driving.

Damage Inc

I wonder if they will pay in Chinese currency.

Sashatree

HOW ABOUT PAYING YOUR MILLIONS OF EMPLOYEES A LIVING WAGE AND PROVIDING THEM WITH HEALTHCARE?!?!?!?!?

Jim

I trust the CEO's statement about as much as I trust *ANY* lawyer.

goober

Oh, Walmart, you are so generous. Let us all bow down to you now.

ABB

wal*mart - live better

FastNOC

ROFL @ 'stepping up' everyong else calls this damage control and a fleeting effort to hope they don't get sued, which they will, and they are AUTOMATICALLY responsible for a walmart truck, and that driver is AUTOMATICALLY responsible as is any person rear ending someone else unless they were pushed into the car ahead or it was driving backwards.

Rocco Ancarola

Walmart want to cover victim expenses...this is not a spreadsheet for shareholders...we are talking about people's life...walmart does not get it...AGAIN.

exlax

thoughts and prayers for all involved

exlax

as a former wal-mart worker of 5 years I guarantee they will not pay what is due to the victims or the survivors ,just call bentonville Arkansas and ask for monika under bills desk smoking cuban cigars/ they stole 2 weeks of my vacation time I earned!

me

I wonder how many times they've made that offer, when it wasn't a celebrity injured....

Cetta

Funky mart needs to pay up not only to those involved God bless but also to Mr Moragns fans and that would include me.i would take an opportunity to give them a swift kick in the A$$ that would be payment enough for me!!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments