Carly Rae Jepsen & Owl City

$500K Victory

In 'Good Time' Legal War

6/9/2014 3:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0609_carly_rae_jepsen_owl-city-tmz-gettyCarly Rae Jepsen and Owl City's hit song "Good Time" is NOT a ripoff of another song by Allyson Burnett -- but it IS about to earn Owl City more than $500,000 ... TMZ has learned.

Allyson had filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against Carly Rae and Owl City back in 2012 ... claiming their track ripped off her "Ah, It's a Love Song."

Today, attorneys for Owl City -- real name Adam Young -- filed a proposal in Federal Court that would award him $525,901.77 in disputed ASCAP royalties for the song.

The deal still has to be approved by the court, but we're told that's a formality.

The suit against Carly Rae was also dropped last week.

Allyson's attorney tells us she decided to withdraw her lawsuit after an "extensive investigation" confirmed "Good Time" was an original tune.

No duh ... said almost everyone who voted in a TMZ poll.

Kristinajp

We are known as the sue happy country....if I knew someone got rich from suing someone that would be someone I clearly wouldn't want to date.

Brian

Really? A song that was a hit for about 30 seconds can earn that much in royalties?

01void

She must be easy

Livvie

That song sucks. No one should take credit for it.

Umanyways

I guess it wasn't a good time

Dixie Normous

I'd bang the s*it out of her .......like literally.............bet she tons of fun in the bedroom.

DirkDiggler

She looks like Jim Morrison's girlfriend. I would totally get stoned with her. Or get totally stoned, either way.

Lucky_130

I think I saw Slenderman in that video somewhere in the background. Slenderman is really out there, watch out

TheRealDeal

Hooray. Any song with the line "What's up with this Prince song inside my head", is a winner in my book. This song is a little too sugar-popish for my taste, but I'm glad they won the lawsuit. Now, back to one of my favorite Prince songs, SST. Or maybe some Va Va Voom.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Carly Rae is a cute little bunny. Case dismissed! Leave her alone! I'd love to be munching her tight little clam!

Lebowski

62% is "almost everyone" according to TMZ math? I don't think so….

waffles

She looks like Carly Simon. That's not a bad thing.