Ice-T

Performs 'Cop Killer' Again

6/13/2014 10:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ice T Performing Cop KillerIce-T's thrash metal band Body Count reunited Thursday night in New York and this awkward moment happened -- the "Law and Order: SVU" detective performing "Cop Killer."

The group recently started doing a few shows to promote the release of a new album ... and last night at the Gramercy Theatre they dusted off their most controversial song.

There was a ton of controversy surrounding the '92 release of "Cop Killer" ... Vice Prez Dan Quayle and President Bush blasted the song -- and police organizations across the country rallied against the band and its record label.

Ice-T eventually agreed to pull the song from the record and replaced it with a song called "Freedom of Speech."

Tazz

Nobody cares about his old tired ass.

Farrakhan Ashy Larry

Where's D-INCARNATION AKA ASHYLARRYHANGYOURSELF?

BigSamStewart

Gangster died with Ice T's ponytail.

Tarington

The most offensive speech HAS TO be protected for regular speech to be, too. If a person doesn't like it, you can always live in China where they censor speech regularly.

Wow ...

How irresponsible of him. Wasn't a fan of the lyrics then, certainly am not now!!!! I had a change of heart towards him as an entertainer, but ... guess I shouldn't have changed my mind.

zombie

Yaaaaaaawn. That song stopped being relevant the day it first saw light. I like Ice-T but the song wasn't even good when it was supposed to be a thing. He has other stuff which is much better.

Sean

I have a funny Ice-T "Cop Killer" story. When the song was new, and Body Count were touring, I am some friends went to see him at a local club. My friends are cops. One was wearing his Detroit PD jacket. Before the show, Ice-T came out and talked to the whole crowd. Shook everyones hand, and thanked everyone for coming. When he got to my friend, in the DPD windbreaker, he said "You know it's just a song, right?" My friend laughed, and said that he didn't care, and was a big fan. Ice-T then got us all free T-shirts, and autographed CDs

BLUE UGLY 💩

This ain't 1992, no one cares

CoconutScrimp

Did people one day woke up and decided to kill cops or was there a.. ahem, trigger?

pudge facker

Song was sh*t anyways.

STFU

I couldn't think of a better song. Way to go Ice T

cristiana

and yet he plays a cop in law and order SVU. kind of a contradiction!

KK

I always liked his song "Coloreds".

Skit

Ice T's Body Count was odd the first time they played together and even worse listening to them live!

bring back recent posts

Any publicity is good when you're trying to promote something, so I guess he has accomplished his mission. On another note, where is that trashy wife of his been lately, off getting more plastic surgery or something?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments