Jessica Alba Movie Sued

'Honey' Boo Hoo

Dancer Claims Movie Jacked Her Life

6/19/2014 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Jessica Alba Movie Sued
When Jessica Alba busted out her moves in "Honey" -- a movie universally hailed as horrible -- it was a blatant rip-off of real-life Bronx b-girl Honey Rockwell ... or so claims Rockwell, who's suing the filmmakers.

Rockwell -- a hip hop dancer and teacher -- says she adopted the "Honey" stage name back in '94 -- 10 years before the movie's release ... according to court docs.

In the lawsuit, obtained by TMZ, Rockwell says the movie's a carbon copy of her life because Alba's character shares her name ("Honey"), ethnicity (Hispanic), occupation (hip hop dancer), and hood (Bronx). She says they even used the same dance studio where she taught.

0618-honey-rockwell-sub-01

But she says the filmmakers did one thing wrong -- they never got her permission.

Rockwell faces an uphill battle because she's waited 10 years to sue -- that said, she's demanding her fair share of more than $70 million generated by "Honey" and its sequel.

Yes, there was one.

Bridget

Honey, if you ever have to talk about your life again, make something up. Because that movie was terrible and your life story is boring.

BLUE UGLY 💩

That generic azz movie could have been the story of a million white trash "b-girl' dancers

Brian

Even if this story is true she waited way too long to file a lawsuit. Where was she, in a coma? Case dismissed.

John

Wasn't this movie supposed to star Aaliyah before she died?

Chris

TMZ must be so proud of all of their EXCLUSIVE stories about a bunch of nobodys!

cmde26

Wow!!!! The fact that she tries to compare to Jessica alba is humorous in itself. Yes I also feel the movie maid in manhattan mimics my life... Think I'll sue also

SarahBeebee

The character wasn't supposed to be Hispanic. Aaliyah who is BLACK was supposed to play the lead. it was only given to Alba after aaliyah died.

Joshua

Yeeaahhh... good luck with that.

01void

Jessica was great in that movie, for that matter she is great in every movie she's in. The dumb a$$ which is trying to sue should get a real life.

Rigby

That movie was so lame I didn't even finish watching it. As for this idiot hahaha get a real job. Hoodrat

Na.na.na.na Booboo.....stick ya head in doodoo

That alba gal is way over rated

gpzjack

How old is that movie at this point? And she just figured it out now?

Bob

honey and tmz its been 20 yrs.

Unbroken Chain

????????

TMP

I'm sure if ANYONE tried hard enough they could find a movie that 'resembled' their life too. How many times has someone heard a song and said "Wow, this song was written about me!" Guess what... it wasn't and guess what... waiting TEN YEARS to sue makes you look less then credible... if you had any credibility at all in the first place. Actual story probably goes more like: I wanted to be a girl hip hop dancer but after all this time, my 'career' is going nowhere... that movie sounds like it could be about me, and I really need some money. I know... I'll sue them! 10 years after the fact."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments