Dreamy McMug Shot

Mom Comes to His Defense

He's No Gangster!

6/20/2014 8:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Hot Mug Shot Guy Gangster
Jeremy Meeks -- aka Dreamy McMug Shot -- for sure does one thing well ... he makes good kids, and has a very loyal mom who says McMug is being stereotyped because of his old tattoos.

Meeks is currently being held on $900,000 bail for illegally possessing firearms and ammo, carrying a loaded firearm in public and criminal street gang activity.

His mother, Katherine Angier, is trying to raise money for bail using the website GoFundMe. She wrote, "Please help. My son was taken into custody on his way to work. He is a working man with a son. He is being stereotyped due to old tattoos."

She added, "He's my son and he is so sweet. Please help him to get a fair trial or else he'll be railroaded."

McMug's sister tells TMZ ... the only reason he carries guns is because he used to be in a gang and needs to protect himself.  And she says, he's been a practicing Christian for 7 years.

The D.A.'s office says Meeks is a known member of the Northside Gangster Crips ... which is why gang charges were also filed against him.

Angier is hoping to raise $25,000 for her son's bail ... but as of this posting, she's only received $238.

The kid is 3 years old. The mother is McMug's wife. They have been married for 4 years.

0619-jeremy-meeks-02
Check out the gallery below of a few shots of Jeremy through the years. Let's just say ... a haircut did the man wonders!

0620_jeremy_other_side_footer
0620_sexy_mug_shots_footer

MaryMoTa$tic

How embarrassing!! I'm sure his family doesn't want to be reminded of how they will probably live without him for probably many years. Yea, great he's good looking but who knows when he'll get out of jail! I'm not throwing shade but PEOPLE THIS FOOL IS IN JAIL!! I'm sure he doesn't want to be recognized for all the wrong reasons.

gio

If he gets convicted he'll have 2 strikes. He will be convicted since he was caught in possession of a gun. This guy is a lost cause. He's going back to prison where he'll be forced to rejoin his gang in order to survive. If he really wanted to change his life he should have moved out of Stockton when he got out of prison. Now he's screwed for life...and he's only 30. Sad.

greeneyedjeepgirl

Why are all these girls goin crazy over this gangsta? I have to admit, the only nice thing about this Dbag are his eyes and thats it. Once a gangsta ALWAYS a gangsta unless they kill you! And anyone that wants to "bail" him out is a moron too!

SneakyPete

He made a CHOICE to be a gang member. He made a CHOICE to engage in criminal activity. He made a CHOICE to illegally possess a firearm...Now he has to deal with his CHOICES once again.

FREEDOM

SO HAPPY HE IS BEHIND BARS.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

Mrs. Meeks: I'm sure you are reading each and every comment. I haven't read any yet but am pretty sure many will be hurtful. TMZ posters are notoriously racist . homophobic and generally take advantage of anonymity to trash anyone and everyone. I often donate to GoFundMe cause, but you are going to have to come up with more than claims of how sweet your son is to generate funding. Talk to someone with some literacy skills who can write a case to justify a donation. Best of luck. I will keep up on your son' situation, and will donate if you can give me a good reason to do it.

10of11

well..if the mother says he's good then he must be :-D

summer days

Beautiful eyes. But the rest of him looks banged up with cheap tats and hard living.

gio

Probably joined the gang when he was a kid because everyone in his 'hood was jumped in. Then he did something stupid like steal a car or a burglary. Did 9 years in prison and realized "the life" ain't all it's cracked up to be. Got out of prison, but still hangs out with his homies, even tho he knows it's a parole violation. He's going back to prison where, if he survives, the whole cycle starts again. It's sad, really. His mother should have kept him out of the gang in the first place. I'd move my kids to Idaho if that what it takes. Because he's gonna have 2 strikes by the age of 30. He can come out and get busted jaywalking, and get a Strike 3 and get a life sentence in Cali. He's really got no hope for any kind of future. Even if Calvin Klein pays his bail.

SneakyPete

I!'ll quote a recent post: TMZ posters are notoriously racist, homophobic and generally take advantage of anonymity to trash anyone and everyone." I feel that I'm unjustly being profiled! Isn't profiling a form of discriminatory behavior? LoL!

justmyopinion

He still broke the law. No excuses..sorry!

SneakyPete

It's so totally cool that in a couple of TMZ photos he's flashing gang signs. LoL

Bernadette.brown

I have the most original idea ever! How about who gives a **** & we stop giving this unlawful ass one more second of attention!! Unfathomable ignorance!

Simone

Although I don't get nor do I see the "pretty boy" that some others see all we can hope for is that this "pretty boy" makes some shower friends in jail.

He 'll deserve all 10cc of love from his fellow inmates.

Jay

He was in PRISON for NINE YEARS, the guy IS a violent thug, and with what he was just arrested for he will go back to prison. With the nappy hair he looks like any other one, but with it shaved amazing how it changed his appearance. His sister needs to know being a Christian means nothing, there are plenty of rotten Christians in the world and ridiculous of his mom to ask the public to make his bail, leave the fool in there, he deserves it,