'The View'

Firing Massacre

6/26/2014 4:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

The View Fired Sherri Shepherd Jenny McCarthy

"The View" is cleaning house.  Network sources tell us the cast has been fired... except for Whoopi Goldberg.

Our sources say there was a meeting at ABC late Thursday afternoon and they announced Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy were out.   Sources tell us executive producer Bill Geddie also will not be coming back.

Maybe not coincidentally ... Barbara Walters is scheduled to be on the show Friday (though it did tape on Wednesday).

"The View" has been in turmoil since Jenny was hired ... it messed up the chemistry on the show.

And several sources say there's a real chance Rosie O'Donnell will be coming back.  We're also told producers are "very interested" in Laila Ali.

We're also told the show is interested in Ross Mathews and Jesse Palmer.

Jenny tweeted late Thursday, "My View will be changing too. As will with many hard working folks. Thanks to everyone at the show for your dedication and an amazing year."

Shepherd posted a photo on Instagram Thursday night, saying, "Mr @DonnieWahlberg always takes care of his ladies @jennyannmccarthy & me! To be continued... ;O)"

0626-sherrie-sheperd-instagram

0627_the_view_cast_then_and_now_footer

Maureen

I love Whoopi. Sherri cracks me up! Jenny is too over-the-top. I miss Elisabeth.

Eye roll

No one watches this stupid show anyway

JanFil

I am glad but shocked Sherri is going! She acts totally different with Jenni there. She was very Christian withElizabeth around & very perverted around Jenni

BR82

Wow Sherri is not having a good year.

Jordan

The only reason to watch was watching Joy and Elizabeth go at it, as soon as that was gone it is a boring show.

bring back recent posts

This is a icky year for Sherri...I wonder if that baby has been born yet.

Regina

I was not happy when they hired Jenny. She is not talented. I thought they'd hire Brook Shields! I'm SO glad BW IS GONE! She was so annoying!

Jordan

If Jenny gets fired how will she get a free wedding?

Itoldu

This show is a disaster.People have been bitchin' about Jenny(anti-vaccine)& dopey Sherri,for a long time.
It used to be good....

ejades

That sucks! I like Jenny

sweetpea

Whoops. From what I've seen, they should cancel the entire show.

Bill5martin

Why not just cancel the show? They keep trying to change the cast. Just let it go. Since they have probably lost a lot of money with all the recasting & all. It has been on since the late 90's. It should have been cancelled by 2000.

ejades

I like Sherri

mikecragar

What is this? Some new show? I've heard of Barbara Walters.

Razzy

Bottom line, The View is not bringing in the ratings numbers, therefore is not getting the advertiser revenue, therefore bye bye Sherri and probably Jenny as well. My guess is that Whoopi is someone and the only one in that group of ladies that resonates well with the people which is why she is safe. I guarantee you guys that ABC have had surveys, opinion polls about these ladies taken and Sherri came up with the short end of it. She's a stand up comic, she will just go on the road, she won't be hurting for $$.