Bonnie Pointer

I'm NOT So Excited Anymore ...

I'm Getting Divorced

7/1/2014 3:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Bonnie Pointer Divorce
Bonnie Pointer
-- a founding member of The Pointer Sisters -- has filed for divorce after more than 35 years of marriage.

Bonnie cites irreconcilable differences as the reason for ending her marriage to Motown Records producer Jeffrey Bowen.  The couple married in 1978.

It's not like this came from out of the blue ... According to legal docs, they separated in 2004.

Bonnie is drawing a clear dividing line on the subject of assets ... claiming her royalties for recordings, performances and writings are all her separate property.

The 63-year-old singer was busted in 2011 for cocaine possession ... shortly after TMZ shot a bizarre video (below) of her out in Hollywood.

The couple has no kids.

After 35 years ... maybe a slow hand isn't always so great.

070114_bonnie_pointer_launch_v3

cmg

Yep no pre nups back then. Half is hers. U go girl! Love your music. Get off the coke and move forward with your life minus the baggage.

bigfranklittle

Is it my phone or Was her 👃running?

JT

I met this crazy bitch years ago at a party in Hollywood, and she was fabulous. Funny, sincere, down-to-earth, and as wild as you'd expect. The best part is, she was all that -- and I think she was friggin' sober that day.

eqlopper2nity

You know it must be a slow news day if they are reporting about Bonnie Pointers divorce.

Chris

Bonnie or Donnie?

Swerve

I'll bet she can go through a pile of coke with a schnozz like that

Numapass

TMZ Ugly Shot Editor - you have rung the bell yet again!

curt9000

That's a lifetime by hollywood standards. They should have let bonnie back in the group after sister june passed away. That's where the drama lies, not in this divorce!

WanderingMenstrual

Is that Bonnie or Clyde?

hajahahaha

Jeffrey Bowen has expressed his excitement for the divice by saying, "Get me away from the cokehead ****. Even though she'll be taking half of my earnings, it will save me money in the long term."

Reginaphalange

The couple has no kids???? English please

jerzygal2014