'Opie and Anthony' Host

FIRED Over Racially Charged Tweets

7/4/2014 9:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0704-anthony-greg-getty-01Anthony Cumia -- one half of popular radio duo "Opie and Anthony" -- was fired this morning for going on an online racial rant earlier this week.

For those who missed it ... Cumia called a black woman a "c*** animal" for allegedly punching him in the face while he took pictures of people in Times Square. He then went on an intense Twitter rant.

Anthony's now ex-bosses say they made the decision to fire him because the postings are "abhorrent to SiriusXM, and his behavior is wholly inconsistent with what SiriusXm represents."

It's unclear if the show will be cancelled, or if Anthony will just be replaced. Opie and Anthony have been broadcasting together since 1995.

Cumia tweeted Friday, "“We are living in a strange backward world. Where people support the attacker & the victim is the villain.”

mike

Wow, now "c*nt animal" is a racist rant.. The race card has truly lost its value and credibility..

Paddy

Big mistake this is

TedFrunk2

The reports keep leaving out important information like how he was hit several times while she yelled WHITE MOTHERF%CKER, and how there were 5 YOUTHS slowly getting closer to them, so he didn't fight back and just got the hell out of there. Also, he does have a CCW, but because he is a responsible firearm owner and his life was not in danger, he decided to not remove her weave and settled for complaining on twitter. You keep crucifying people for saying things you don't like, but there might be a day where you say something someone else doesn't like and you are going to be looking down from the cross and there will be no one left to help you.

The Maharincess of Franistan

Good and well-deserved.

mike

Whatever.. I think this whole thing is a joke honestly.. While what he said was hot-headed and wrong, he was also a victim. People say things in the heat of the moment all the time. I don't think people should judge a person based off of a few tweets. I also don't think people should lose their jobs because of it.. If athletes who beat their wives, carry guns, do drugs, and kill dogs and people can keep their jobs, so should Anthony as long as he makes amends and apologizes for his behavior and admits it was wrong.

jay26mc

It's a sad day and age when you can't call a c*** animal a c*** animal.

L

Welcome to 1984.

Scott

******s run the world, ten years tops!!...so all you liberal caucasian *******s who are on the ****** side just remember that they wont have your back if the tides are turned...USA!!

MyBadSweetie

I'm a black woman and I think this is unfair. He didn't called her anything that included the N word and anyone who comes up and punches you for no reason is an animal. His ex-bosses need to evaluate their decision.

hbk72777

He can't be replaced, he is the show

Anarchyinanaheim

Always been Howard Stern wannabes.

Ann

I've never listened to that radio program, but today in protest I have tossed my Sirius radio into the trash.

MariNapp1

I'm sick of this one sided crap! How is it that we have to accept being called racial names from African Americans , but when we said we are crucified and fired! This is America freedom of speech and I'm not holding my feelings in anymore!

Bobby

This IS BULL****! He is the victim. He should if punch that animal in the face . I'm cancling my XM now. This country is ****. There is NOT SUCH THING AS FREEDOM OF SPEACH AND ITS UR FAULT TMZ! U and the media are the ones who made this country even morw wi***** then it is.

Camberwell

Yes!!! fire everyone who offends us. Hopefully everyone who offends us is either fired from there job or silenced, that's the world i want to live in. I don't want anyone that speaks there mind.