Richard Pryor's Widow

Terrence Howard Should Play Richard Pryor

7/5/2014 12:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0703_richard_Jennifer-Lee_pryor_getty
Richard Pryor's widow says Nick Cannon has NOT been cast to play the legendary comedian in a movie ... but she knows who SHOULD get the role -- Terrence Howard.

Jennifer Pryor -- who has some say over the decision -- tells TMZ Cannon jumped the gun when he hinted to us he had the part ... because the film's director, Lee Daniels, is still auditioning.

Pryor says it's an easy call  ... she says Howard is perfect ... an intense, brilliant actor who has the chops for acting and comedy.  But she'd insist on him losing some lbs.

According to Jennifer ... several other big names are also being tossed around -- Marlon Wayans, Jay Pharoah and Mike Epps.

Richard's kids are lobbying for Wayans. They've never seen eye-to-eye with Jennifer -- who was married to Richard twice. They've accused her of turning the film into a vanity project.

Jennifer says she loved Pryor immensely ... and  if his kids can't understand that ... tough.

0704_cannon_howard_waynes_sub_tmz

tmz001

Terrance howard is too old to play richard pryor

Dee

Terrance Howard??? Does she free-base much??? That fool can't find his way out of a paper bag. And he sounds like he's always on the verge of crying. I'd rather see Wayans or Pharoah get it, if that's the only choice

Bridget

Terrance may have the acting chops for the part. But he looks nothing what so ever like Richard. At least Marlon and Nick have the long faces.

flygrlz

She is high

Clytemnestra

What about CHRIS ROCK?

bart

Howard is a horrible actor. He got fired from Ironman because he was so bad. That was the first movie I saw him act in and when I watched the movie I said to my friend that Howard's character was played very badly. I noticed it when early on. I don't think Richard Pryor's wife knows how to cast. Cannon looks more like Pryor but I don't think he is ready for a serious role like that. Hopefully the producers can find a new and exciting talent instead of the lower quality of actors that were mentioned.

cee-lo

All this bs make u not even wanna watc the movie no matter who they cast

big teaser

Let richard pryor rest.all yall want is money.

Observer

Out of any of 'those' picks at least... I be Marlon would surprise and do a Damn good job.

Archer

Out of all the choices mentioned thus far, Jay Pharaoh seems like the best choice. He's hilarious and his imitations are spot on. No one takes Nick Carey seriously.

Zombie Whitney Houston

Terrence Howard is too busy beating pretty much every woman he comes into contact with. He's an even bigger piece of s*** than Chris Brown.

Hyper valency

I think marlon wayans would be the best one for the role. He would be perfect in portraying pryors inner demons. That is the major point of Pryors life to be portrayed and i bet marlon can earn an Oscar nomination for the role!!!

Celeb Gossip Addict

I'm glad to hear that Mike Epps is in the running. I love him for the part. I hope he gets it.

DrTyrell

No poll? Are you kidding? Terrence SHOULD!

Maxwell

What happened to Mike Epps playing the part?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments