'Treme' Star Rob Brown

Settles Racial Profiling Suit

with Macy's

7/17/2014 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0716-rob-brown-macys-01"Treme" star Rob Brown has reached a settlement with Macy's over his racial profiling lawsuit from last year ... TMZ has learned.

As we first reported, Brown sued the popular department store after he claimed he was falsely accused of credit card fraud while shopping for a watch for his mom. He claims he was handcuffed and paraded around the store before everyone realized their mistake and let him go.

According to court docs, Brown reached a settlement "in principle." The docs say the case was dismissed but Brown has a right to refile it ... presumably if the settlement agreement falls apart.

A rep for Macy's tells TMZ, "The lawsuits by various plaintiffs who alleged racial profiling by Macy's have been settled in principle. We are making no further comment. Our company strictly prohibits discrimination of any kind and has zero tolerance for racial profiling."

_DNP

Not sure who he is...

Kobe_No_Means_No

Well, if he's white like Britney Spears he doesn't even need to pay. Get his s***, walk out the store, and nothing happens. Truth.

DiM

Macy's seems stuck in the 1940's in each and every way.

Thirstee

Racizm is a Republican thing..its science

Celeb Gossip Addict

I love Macy's and have never had a problem there. I'm sure this was a case of one or more extremely idiotic employees. Who just assumes a card is fraudulent with no evidence just because a customer is black? Who does that?

Fe

Macy's sucks!!! I went to the one on the "upper end" of town, and I used to frequent the store a lot. The employees there treated me as if I was a "thug" about to steal from them. I called a black lady on it and she said it happens to me too. Oh so you're ok with it and treating someone else like that too? I got her name and sent Macy's an e-mail. They tried to call me twice and I missed both calls but needless to say I still don't like them. I hope Mr. Brown took them for all he could.

Morton Lipshitz

Another use of the "race card "!

HumanNature

LISTEN UP COMPANIES

MY $$$$$$$ IS "POWERFUL"!!!!

Jane Shelley

All a Black has to do is Yell "Racist" and a Big store like Macys (OR ANY OTHER BIG STORE) Shells out the big Bucks to keep from being Boycotted. It's Blackmail and for an Actor Publicity.

Glenda

They Republican Pres. Lincoln was the one that started the cause for freedom and equal rights to all regardless of their race or color. The Democratic Party fought against this cause. If it wasn't for the Republican Party their would be no equal rights regardless of race or color. Thank God for Pres. Lincoln!

negreat

Sounds like a Oprah purse story to me. What a loser! Most likely he is the biggest racist of them all. Just using the race card to get paid.

alexis1

a game played out this time on the christmas hoildays by the black race all over the united states was this con this idiot just hit the jackpot on.. hit the high end dept stores all across america and demand to know why a clerk insulted you because of your race...millions paid out to settle these cons cases rather than fight them and these people know this fact..easy money to be had for all except the consumor who pays there winnings out in higher prices of the goods the dept store sells..moronic democrat idiots of course..

alexis1

A game played last christmas by several blacks were to go to any high end dept store and claim a clerk insulted you either by asking if you had enough money to pay for your purchase or that they refused your credit card and then they filed racisim charges of course all stores to my knowlede settled out of court even though all of this was lies..just a game that ended up costing customers millions of dollars..