Mark Ruffalo

Thanks for Finding My Wallet ...

Guy Who's Never Heard of Me

7/22/2014 3:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Mark Ruffalo Wallet
Mark Ruffalo
has one less reason to Hulk out -- "The Avengers" star lost his wallet in Chicago, but it was returned by a total stranger ... who had no idea he was dealing with a big time celeb.

Ross McHale tells TMZ he found the wallet in a cab last Friday ... and saw Ruffalo's name on an ID, but didn't recognize the name so he Googled it.

McHale's clearly not fan of the Hulk, "Zodiac," or "54" ... because he says Mark's creds still didn't ring any bells. But he did get enough info to reach out on Twitter, where Mark eventually responded ... "Thank you! Wow! Another point for the decency in people."

Ruffalo didn't offer a reward, but Ross is hoping for a pay-it-forward kinda deal. He tells us ... "If [Mark] ever finds my wallet I expect him to return the favor."

0726_mark_ruffalo_tweet_twitter_sub

BLUE UGLY 💩

Mark Ruffalo is a jerk, whoever he is

Noog

I lost my wallet and it was returned. Its a good feeling knowing there are honest people in this world. Your good deed will not go unoticed good smaratin.

Lava

Wow!

Faith in humanity; restored

bart

I always offer a reward if someone finds and returns a wallet or cell phone of mine. Just common sense to make an offer. If I find a wallet I would try to find the owner as fast as i could and return it and I would expect nothing in return. Ruffalo should had offered the person a reward.

backofftmz

Ive never heard of you either mark ruffalo

namers

This week I found a bunch of keys on my block and tracked down the owner; last month I found a laptop on said block and tracked down the owner. Neither offered a reward but I can use the karma points.

777

Never heard of him either.

Nestlé

Wow!! There are still good people out there...

D3B

People should not necessarily get a reward for doing the right thing.

wornoutmama

That's so awesome of the guy who returned it and expected no reward. I love stories like this. We shouldn't go through life expecting to be rewarded by people for doing what's right. Do it for your own moral compass and because God sees all.

alisemaria

Geez - could there be a chance that Mark gives the guy a reward

Steadyclash

C'mon now! He has a pain in the ass name to say and he's got some cash from being in some lame movies! Even if he threw the guy $20, it's way less trouble than replacing all the cards and ID's in his wallet!

sunshine611

I agree that it's not necessary, but c'mon! If you find a celebrity's wallet, there has to be a part of you that hopes for a nice reward as a "thank you".

Nick Name

Don't be so sure that TMZ tells you the truth: