Lauryn Hill

Shows Up LATE for Concert

Then Lectures Fan on Respect!

7/23/2014 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Lauryn Hill Concert VideoIf you look up the definition of "irony" ... you'll find this video of Lauryn Hill, who had the nerve to snap at a fan for being disrespectful -- despite the fact SHE was severely late for her own show.

Hill played the House of Blues in Chicago last week, and our HOB sources tells us she was supposed to start playing at 10:30 -- but took her sweet  time, and didn't actually make it  to the stage until 11:20.

Once she did, most accounts say Lauryn's opening song performance was terrible, and when a fan called her out and flipped her off ... she berated him and had him tossed by security.

The person who shot this video tells TMZ they decided to leave after 2 more songs (which they called "rushed and sloppy") ... and say they saw a huge line of people at the box office asking for a refund.

It's like rain on your wedding day.

kewljewl

Rain on your wedding day...isn't that an alanis morrisette song??

Brian

Someone who owes the taxes she owes should appreciate their fans and do what they can to earn the money to pay Uncle Sam. Everyone should just dump her with that lousy attitude.

FactsCome Easy

He not only fipped her off. He called her a bitch. Her two hour performance was Amazing.

Bridget

I had the chorus to "Ready or Not" stuck in my head for a full summer. It was at that time I decided to no longer like Lauren Hill. Good call me. Plus, you know, I kept hearing she was racist.

common sense

The irony of the nobodys calling someone else a has been. I good to bd remembered for doing something vs. not doing ****

TexasRed

Lauren is a great talent. Too bad she's decided to be a total racist crybaby. Let her keep ruining her career, she's been on that track for years.

Ray8

She is full of herself. Insiders claim the are instructed to look at the wall and not her when she passes.

DanielleRoberta

Although I think Lauryn Hill is indeed a talent, I have to side with the fan on this one. I went to a Nas/Lauryn Hill show in Denver about a year and some odd months ago, and It was absolutely terrible. Nas was great, but Miss. Hill was 45 minutes late, and her set lasted maybe 30 min due to the fact that all of her songs were performed as a very fast paced medley. (Think Glee mashup) Most of the crowd walked out, and those who remained booed. I was highly disappointed. Ex Factor isn't nearly as good when it sounds like David Guetta produced it.

missjones

I attended the Lauryn Hill/ Nas concert last year in Oakland ca. I was super excited to go but truly disappointed...Nas was AMAZING and im not even a fan. lauryn was over an hour late coming to stage and once she did she was horrible...I couldn't even recognize what song she was seeing...after the 3 song me and half of the paramount walked out... Oh and she was super rude! I used to be a huge fan but I wouldn't attend a free concert of her if you paid me. She needs to be banned from giving concerts and basically stealing fans money

NOLA girl

I saw her live, too and was totally disappointed. She rambled on and on about the phase of the moon and the planets and when she got around to singing it sucked. Never again.

Bridget

I'm sensing a trend with the people who have seen her live. I'll make sure to save my money, thanks for the heads up.

Truth

WHY DO PROMOTERS KEEP BOOKING THIS NO TALENT BITCH... #HAS BEEN #TRUTH!!

Unbroken Chain

If she doesn't want to put in the effort she needs to retire out of respect for whatever fans she has

annaK83

Heck yeah! See this is how you do it with without getting physical. Take notes McGraw.

Drunk'n sailor

Hate that bitch. Can't believe people pay to see her

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments