« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Magic Johnson

On Sterling Ruling ...

I'M ALL SMILES!

7/30/2014 7:31 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0730-magic-sterling-tmz-02
Magic Johnson says he has "no ill-feelings" toward Donald Sterling -- but he sure as hell flashed a HUUUUGE smile when asked how he felt about the Clippers getting a new owner.

Johnson was at a Lakers news conference in L.A. yesterday when he was asked about the court ruling that will allow Shelly Sterling to sell the Clips to Steve Ballmer

"What’s my reaction to the Sterling ruling? What do you think my reaction to the Sterling thing is? [flashes big smile] Do you see this? I don’t think you see this. I don’t have anything bad to say about him right now."

Boom.

But ... being the classy guy that he is, Magic continued -- "I’ve said already that I’m praying for the man. But it’s a great day for Clipper fans, for this city. Ballmer is going to be an exciting owner, and a good owner for the Clippers."

Magic says he's got to give credit to Shelly -- explaining, "This was tough for her" ... but insisted, "I have no ill-feelings toward Donald."

In case you forgot, Donald's initial racist rant was all about Magic -- when he blasted V. Stiviano for posting a photo on Instagram with the NBA legend ... which Donald disapproved of because Magic is black.

Donald then went on to trash Magic on CNN -- saying Johnson should be ashamed of himself for contracting the HIV virus.

Even then, Magic simply said he was praying for Sterling.

But now Magic says he wants to turn the page on Sterling -- saying, "I hoped that this thing would end soon because we need to get back to our lives and you guys need to start cheering for the Dodgers as we approach the playoffs."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Zra

mission accomplished magic?

Truth

Magic had a hand in setting Sterling up. So yeah, Magic is real "classy".

Seldombinlaid

I'm still trying to figure out, who paid that gal, to record Him? I wonder how many people he has given aids to. That was probably why Donald was n't tickled over having him sit with them. Noting less, or more. By the way, he was trying to sell his team, after all of this silly stuff, so I guess all wil be happy over this verdict.

mira patel

There is a valuable lesson to be learned here. You can rape people, stab them to death, kill pedestrians while they were in a crosswalk while you are DUI, carry guns into nightclubs, sell drugs, do drugs, fight dogs against each other, but don't DARE say anything bad about a black person or we will crucify you in public for the rest of your life.

I know it’s off topic, but our country is losing it’s freedoms. We have Donald Sterling forced to sell his NBA team. We have expensive health insurance forced on all of us. Even auto insurance is forced on us (thank god for $25/month Insurance Panda coverage). What’s next? Mandatory iPhone insurance? We have taxes on top of taxes and our freedoms are slowly disappearing. Thomas Jefferson and George Washington would be rolling in their graves.

Pick and choose...that's the way to govern. I remember America of old :(

celtics34

Like magic should criticize anyone he cheated with whores and gave countless women HIV

AREYOUPERFECT

MAGIC GOT HIV. DONALD STERLING GOT FIRED.
MAGIC INFLICTED PHYSICAL SUFFERING TO WOMEN HE INFLICTED HIV WITH, PRAYS FOR DONALD'S SOUL, NOW SMILES LIKE A HORSE, BECAUSE DONALD STERLING IS OUSTED. I AM REALLY NOT IMPRESSED WITH THIS MAGIC GUY.