« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ray Rice

Elevator Arrest Is ...

'Biggest Mistake of My Life'

7/31/2014 9:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

073114_ray_rice_launch
Ray Rice says the incident inside of that casino elevator in New Jersey in February was "the biggest mistake of my life" ... and says he takes "full responsibility" for his actions.

The Baltimore Ravens running back addressed the media to discuss the 2 game suspension handed out by the NFL as a result of the arrest -- and while he never specifically said he KO'd his wife that night, he acknowledges that he did do SOMETHING wrong.

"I don't condone any of my behavior. I take full responsibility for my actions. My wife can do no wrong."

Ray said what happened that night was "a huge mistake on my behalf."

"I know that a lot of people out there have lost respect ... maybe not like me anymore. That's my fault. I have to own that."

Rice also says never planned on appealing any punishment the NFL decided to give -- no matter how harsh. He also says the incident in Atlantic City was a "one-time incident."

"I've never had a problem with domestic abuse."

021914_ray_rice_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

kitten roulaine

You should have thought about that, when you assaulted that woman like she was some man on your team! Have you knocked out a man?! Doubt it. You asked for that and then some. Women stop thinking your hearts, hold men accountable for every, and any disrespectful action, from calling you out of your name, to hitting you, to cheating...leave. Stop acting like you won't breathe if you don't hear his voice, flip it, go numb, do that long enough trust me he will become a mental blip, and then you're not attached anymore.

celtics34

The punishment chad Johnson got from the NFL should be the same for Ray cut fined and black listed from the league

Vote2012

What else's should we expect from an overpaid NFL player? Big money and the NFL equals stupid.

Scruffy

This speaks volumes about the NFL. If you are a star you can do what you want with no fear of *real* repercussions. This truly is a Pacman Jones slap-on-the-wrist all over again. Furthermore you have Nigel Bradham who got caught with a negligible amount of Marijuana who got two times the length of a suspension as Ray Rice who knocked his fiancee unconscious and dragged her in a Casino. It is no wonder the opinion network ( http://st8.it/1nYz41V ) pegs the NFL as: Dangerous, Unappealing, and Hypocritical. There just seems to be a disconnect from reality with a clueless Goodell leading the show.

Zetts Myers

Hands down Ray Rice! Be Gone, See Ya!

HeatherBrianna

2 game suspension!?!? What a way for the NFL TO reach out there and speak loud and clear concerning domestic violence . How you throw in some anger management. I'm sorry but he straight knocked that girl out without a blink and zero remorse. There's the key.....NO REMORSE UNTIL CAUGHT! Ray Rice. ...you WILL NEVER convince the mass media this was a "one time" thing. B.S.!!!! Great message your sensing NFL you really did a great job of nothing with this jerk!

SunRiseWater

Such a vicious attack,

Anne

He said it was a one time incident, but that were both hitting one another. That's how they handle anger. Unless their tools for handling things change, the violence will continue.

rimicouture

Ray rice I have one word for you ... Looser......

SunRiseWater

Ray has anger issues,How could he attack his girlfriend so viciously ,its like he was fighting Tyson,Seek help now Ray,

Crystal

I don't believe people like you are sorry. My x use to beat me and the loser thought I'd marry him. He was rich to. I'd rather live in the streets. Anyway your pathetic ray rice!

ukphotogirl

And you dropped her again after the elevator doors open and close! Her head smacks the floor two times you jerk.

angel7775

Women stay because we want to believe we can love the man into being a better man and or because the man got money. Women have to do better because so many women die at the hands of ass holes like this! I hope if they stay married that he never hurts her like that again.

Bevelyn Mitchell

Rice is. Coward

Lola Jones

Simply disgusting! It took my breath away. She looked like she was dead and he moved her with his feet like she's an animal. So sad! What's worse is she married him anyway. Respect. Look it up. Both of you.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments