Robin Williams

'Selfish' for Committing Suicide

Says Todd Bridges

8/11/2014 4:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0811_robin_williams_todd_bridges_tmzRobin Williams' death had been reported for just minutes, when "Diff'rent Strokes" star Todd Bridges bashed Williams for committing suicide ... calling it "a very selfish act."

Bridges moaned he's had a hard time too but didn't take what he implies is the easy way out:  "You don't think that my life has been hell and I've had so many ups and downs now. If I did that what am i showing my children that when it gets tough that's the way out No you gotta buckle down ask God to help you. That's when prayer really comes into effect."

Bridges did give him this, "Rest in peace Robin Williams I hope you found what you were looking for."
update_graphic_red_barA few hours later Bridges apologized for the timing of his comments, saying ... "My best friend committed suicide a few months ago, and I was devastated to discover that he did not solicit my help. I am sure that my attitude toward Williams's death was a delayed reaction of my best friend's death. Again, I apologize for my negative comment, and I ask forgiveness for any pain that I have caused anyone."

0811_robin_williams_remembering_footer_4

Joe Friday

Todd Bridges... What a douche!!!!!!!

HappyHeretic

Robin Williams will be remembered for a list of iconic roles and making us laugh as children and well in to adulthood. Todd Bridges will always be Willis.

BREAKFAST4

You Sir are no Robin William's.

M0n1ca

TMZ sure has a way to add a dramatic twist to people's comments! I highly doubt he meant it with such insensitivity. I like TMZ, but I'm starting to question their reporting style.

Nonsense

Not everyone's situation is the same so I'll not be the judge. RIP Mr. Williams, so sorry for your pain and anguish.

ILL LIFE

Faaaack you todd bridges. You are a washed nobody and brown on top of that, robin was actually talented unlike you ya filthy fking brownie. Now go die in a fire! No one cares about you

Antoinette Oviedo

You lost me as a fan Todd Bridges....

Frederick Johnson

Todd who? Doesn't he work at Fat Burger on Ventura?

wenzy

...and he owed us what? God rest his soul. He will be sorely missed and you, Todd Bridges, can go F+++ yourself! Nobody would even miss you. What have you ever done??

Usagi-chan

Too soon, Todd. I hope you regret, and apologize for your remarks.

PitBullLover

shame on you you Dbag shut your uninformed trap

ceddy

well todd if your looking for attention you got it.

LunarJunk

Todd, you of all people shouldn't judge others! You were a druggie! When times were bad you took drugs to make all the pain go away! So please just stfu!

AnonGirl

Todd Bridges. STFU.

Bipolar disorder, manic depression is a mental health disorder that cannot be helped. Robin was not selfish, he was a brave man who fought with his own personal hell for over 50 years. He lost this latest battle and will be forever missed. He contributed so much to the world... something, Todd Bridges, that can't be said for other people.

Bossy Potato

He wasn't selfish. He was clearly mentally ill and sick.