Robin Williams

'Selfish' for Committing Suicide

Says Todd Bridges

8/11/2014 4:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0811_robin_williams_todd_bridges_tmzRobin Williams' death had been reported for just minutes, when "Diff'rent Strokes" star Todd Bridges bashed Williams for committing suicide ... calling it "a very selfish act."

Bridges moaned he's had a hard time too but didn't take what he implies is the easy way out:  "You don't think that my life has been hell and I've had so many ups and downs now. If I did that what am i showing my children that when it gets tough that's the way out No you gotta buckle down ask God to help you. That's when prayer really comes into effect."

Bridges did give him this, "Rest in peace Robin Williams I hope you found what you were looking for."
update_graphic_red_barA few hours later Bridges apologized for the timing of his comments, saying ... "My best friend committed suicide a few months ago, and I was devastated to discover that he did not solicit my help. I am sure that my attitude toward Williams's death was a delayed reaction of my best friend's death. Again, I apologize for my negative comment, and I ask forgiveness for any pain that I have caused anyone."

0811_robin_williams_remembering_footer_4

Truth

KNEW WHEN HIS LAME TV SERIES WAS CANCELED SOME SH*T WAS GONNA HAPPEN. GUESS THIS WAS IT. RIP. #TRUTH!!

Eloise Gonzales

How dare you bash this man.....he had the kind of depression that does not allow you to even think about reaching out or finding another way out.....there are several kinds of depression. Very ignorant of you to think that your depression compares with his....i have also battles depression but never suicidal depression. That is a whole different ball game....stop judging...you didnt like to be judged did you......

David

TMZ...why would you print something as stupid as this. Who gives a **** what Todd Bridges says. RIP Mr Williams

NAM

Ignorant!

loveyou15

Stfu

mgm18

Go back to worlds dumbest! Dumb ass!

wifeycerealcity

As a person who struggles daily with suicidal tendencies and depression. I think that sometimes medicine and love isn't enough. People who have depression and suicide tendencies arent rational. Dear todd (crackhead ) bridges. It was selfish of you to do crack.

Nita Frantz

Depression is a serious disease, my son suffers from it and other mental illnesses. But that said, suicide IS the most selfish act a human can commit. It destroys all those left behind. I adored Robin Williams but I feel most sorry for his friends and family who are going to spend the rest of their lives wondering what they could have done to help. Though there is not too much one could have done, the guilt never goes away.

Tracey

FO Todd.

Camille

Why are people bashing Todd. He's right. Insensitive, but right.

whatever

Tasteless as ever a nobody hack trying to drum up their own press shameful really

Brian Hughes

It is a selfish act.. But what many don't even thing about is, what must a person be going through to make them self end their own life..? It must be a pretty dark place. I don't think they are in a place where they can even think about others..

ItsBethster

Todd you are a real piece of ****! What's wrong is your 15 minutes up, Willis?

supressed

Monday: Yo god I need some help, I'm ready to buckle down.

Tuesday: Nice! thanks man! Everythings perfect!

Prayer.....what a theory. hahahahaha

Binkerbell

Its true. Suicide is selfish. Sorry for his demons.... now his kids will have them