Elizabeth Vargas

Checks Back

Into Rehab

8/18/2014 12:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0818-elizabeth-vargas-Getty"20/20" co-anchor Elizabeth Vargas has checked into rehab for alcohol abuse ... the second time she's done that in less than a year.

Vargas says, "As so many other recovering alcoholics know, overcoming the disease can be a long and incredibly difficult process. I feel I have let myself, my co-workers and most importantly my family down and for that I am ashamed and sorry."

Vargas spent a few weeks in rehab late last year for alcohol abuse.

ABC, like it said last time she went to rehab, says they are "squarely behind her" this time as well.

nof

Much respect to both ABC and Elizabeth.

I've always said it's harder for people in the public eye.

Cuz the moment you walk into the room?

Everyone knows who you are/focuses on you.

It's hard-enough w/o having THAT to deal with.

al baby

The only way for her to stay sober she needs to get off the air and stop telling lies about everything she is made to report on her serenity is in conflict with it

pegnew

Hang in there Elizabeth! Your courage is an inspiration!Thanks for having the honesty to go public!
Your fans are pulling for you! :-)

BLUE UGLY 💩

Booze are great, don't quit

SCANDAL

Take care Elizabeth. Do your work on yourself and take as long as you need. I saw the hurt in your eyes when Barbara Walters "interviewed" She was relentless about your private life. if that is just a taste of what you have faced, this fall was inevitable . Take care of yourself first, your family second and forget the job, if people think your private life is an open topic of conversation. I do know you want to be honest with everyone, we know and we understand. good luck

tomas

Hopefully, they can do something for her addiction to the SØBama koolaid.

Maire

There is no shame in trying Elizabeth. As the saying goes "It will be better when it's over. If it's not better then it's not over" We are are pulling for you to succeed

DEFCON1

I'll drink to that.

The Maharincess of Franistan

She has nothing to be ashamed of. She's seeking help which is the most important thing. It should be noted that she and her husband are currently divorcing --- he brilliantly chose the first time she was in rehab to cheat on her with another woman. No wonder she relapsed. I wish her well.

tmzchick

Always cracks me up to hear them say that! Of course they're squarely behind them. It's against the Americans w disabilities act to fire someone while in treatment or battling addiction!!! Lol

rebsuz

that's so brave - good for her

Hohan

Bet she is sexy when she is drunk

pip

God Bless Her!

MJ

Our measure lies in how many times we get back up, not how many times we fall. Ms. Vargas is to be admired for her humility and courage.

TPF

she needs to get help and stay off the air and enjoy her family, give her some privacy but she is the only one that can really help herself.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments