Robin Williams

CREMATED

Ashes Scattered At Sea

8/20/2014 6:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0820-robin-williams-tmz-8

Robin Williams
' body was cremated the day after he died ... and his ashes were scattered in San Francisco Bay ... this according to the official death certificate.

The document -- issued in Marin County where he died -- does not list an immediate cause of death ... instead it merely says, "pending investigation."

Williams committed suicide August 11th ... after hanging himself with a belt at his home in Tiburon, CA. As we reported, he had been severely depressed.

The coroner is still waiting for the results of toxicology tests ... to see if Williams had any chemicals in his body when he died. Those results will be available in the next few weeks.

Cranberry Bauce

R.I.P.

BLUE UGLY 💩

He will be missed

ShotGunA

RIP Robin. You will be forever loved and missed.

Sexy Stig

What a beautiful resting place for Robin. May his children, family and friends etc. find comfort and understanding one day in the near future after such a terrible & preventable loss.

whatshername

That is so sweet that he will be eternally at sea. But I have heard that it is illegal to scatter ashes in water. Is it just illegal some places or without permission or something of that nature?

Roundisnotsquare

That seems appropriate. RIP Robin.

Kobe_No_Means_No

Is this some type of white men's privilege to be able to pollute the ocean with ashes? Me me me me I I I I I I I memememe I I I I I I... get over yourselves. The ocean is for everybody. Truth.

Quiet

i hope thats what his will stated he wanted. That sure saves the family thousands and thousands of dollars for such an icon to have been rested somewhere where the world could visit but maybe this is what robin wanted in his will.

Noog

I want that too. Let my soul swim like a gay fish yo

ashley.marie

Still cant believe that THE Robin Williams Is no more, no longer walking on this earth. Smh RIP MR. WILLIAMS.

Bridget

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, "O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?" Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. THAT THE POWERFUL PLAY GOES ON AND YOU MAY CONTRIBUTE A VERSE. WHAT WILL YOUR VERSE BE?"

You certainly contributed one heck of a verse. Rest in Peace Robin. We will miss you.

The Maharincess of Franistan

May he rest in peace.

spectrabei

California's Legal Definition of "Criminal Negligence"
Criminal negligence refers to a mental state of disregarding known or obvious risks to human life and safety. An example would be leaving a loaded firearm within reach of a small child.
To be guilty of any crime, a person must act with a "mens rea" or "criminal intent." Normally this means intentionally or deliberately pursuing a criminal result.
But criminal negligence may substitute for criminal intent under very specific cir***stances. When it does, it can subject someone to serious charges such as child endangerment or manslaughter even when the actions are unintentional.

spectrabei

This is public situation involving a public figure. Mrs. Williams walked out to go shopping at 10:30 AM she never checked on Mr. Williams condition, not once through the night or the morning. This case could be a resounding Testament to the culpability of family members and loved ones in preventing family (loved ones ) from doing harm to themselves or others.
"Robin Williams current wife", must be charged with Criminally Negligent Manslaughter in the preventable death of Robin Williams.

lulu

If there was still a "pending investigation" then why would they cremate him the next day? Isn't that a little soon? Why dispose of the body so fast?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments