Joan Rivers

Out of Intensive Care ...

But No Sign of Improvement

9/3/2014 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0828-joan-rivers-tmz-4
Joan Rivers has been moved out of intensive care -- but that does not necessarily mean her health has improved greatly.

Melissa Rivers just released a very guarded update about her mother, saying ... "My mother has been moved out of intensive care and into a private room where she is being kept comfortable."

It's not a great sign that she's been moved to a private room from intensive care -- where she would be more closely monitored by doctors and nurses.

As TMZ first reported ... Joan has been on life support since being rushed to Mount Sinai hospital in NYC last Thursday.

We don't know if she's still on life support.

0903_joan_rivers_through_the_years_footer

kewljewl

I am not a fan of Joan..at all...but I can honestly say I feel.for her family. Especially her daughter. Today my mom.would've been 67 yrs old. I miss her still. So I feel for them. God bless.

allieoop

I love Joan River's and I pray she has a full recovery

Southernwild18

This is by NO means good news. We had to make the heartbreaking & gut wrenching decision to remove my husband from life support. He was moved to a regular room as soon as the vent was removed. They need ICU beds for patients who may recover. My husband lingered from Wed morning until Thursday at 5:26pm. This means most likely that Joan is being kept "comfortable" for nature to take it's course. I feel so bad for Melissa, Cooper & all who truly love her. May God welcome her with open arms.

Brandie

Hope she pulls through!

Rectum? Damn Nearly Killed Him!!

We all must die sometime. It's your time now you miserable old bitch

NanaCee

It's not good news. USUALLY this means -after no signs of improvement in ICU, next stop is a private hospice room to "keep comfortable." Final goodbyes, shut off any machines that support life. I've been through this personally and I don't wish this type of h3ll, that final choice on anyone. My thoughts are with the family.

John

Joan once said Liz Taylor was so fat, that when she had her ears pierced gravy came out. Thank you for having no filter.

Herr_Wolfe

I got Thursday at 3 to 1. I got Friday at 3 to 1. I got either Thursday, Friday, or Saturday at 2 to 1. Place your bets before 3 EST.

FlamingoNut

She may be a "miserable bitch", but she is damn funny sometimes. Fashion Police definitely won't be the same without her. Heck, the Red Carpet hasn't been the same without her, and it's been a few years since she's stood there...

Nyla

I hope she pulls through.

Infamous

Hey morons, if yiu are on life support, you'd be in the icu. The ONLY exception to that is if she had a tracheostomy and had been stable after that procedure for a day. The reporting by tmz is incredible to me. Just ask a freaking MD or icu nurse.

celticwitch

Sounds like they took her off the heavy sedation meds expecting her to come back and she didnt .This move to another room is just so the family can get a grip and shut down the resporater and say good by to their loved one .Its so sad joan we are hopeing against hope that you will come back but its starting to sound like you left us that morning with the little bit of up dates we are getting . Im sure if you were awake and comunicating mel would have been telling us . We will pray for you and your family and for a good recovery .

LovingLife

Darn Joan! Get your ass out of that bed! You are the one that has the guts to say what everyone else is to darn chicken to!

laura

From one human being to another..... May ur god bless u with a speedy and full recovery or may god grant you eternal rest peacefully. Amen

Rahilxx98

She's not a good person. We all know that. Let her go to hell