Lance Bass

Out of the Closet

7/26/2006 11:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lance Bass says he's gay and in a stable relationship with a reality show star.

Screen Shot 2012-07-02 at 9.26.36 AM

Over the last few months, TMZ shot video of Bass and "Amazing Race" winner Reichen Lehmkuhl, and although there was a buzz the two were a couple, they went to considerable lengths not to be seen in the same shot. In one video, as they walked through a park in New York together and saw the cameras, they immediately separated.

Now, Bass reveals to People he is indeed gay and in a "very stable" relationship with Lehmkuhl.

Bass told People that he feared coming out while he was in the boy band 'N Sync because he felt "it would overpower everything."

The 27-year-old Bass, a Baptist, has already told his friends and his "shocked" family, according to the magazine.

Bass now says he's at peace with himself.

Momma

WOW! Imagine that! I was so shocked to hear the news.
Yawn!
Wait one more time, Yawn!
Oh and again, Yawn!

Mandy

When is the last time anyone cared about n'sync? He could have come out years ago!

HeatRock

Yes, Lance, we knew all along! My Gaydar went off way back in the "Bye-bye-bye" days.

Shiu

It's good for him. He does not have to hide who he is anymore. Even he's gay, sexual orientation will not change his personality, he is still who he is. It takes a lot of courage and bravery to do this. Good job! Despite of all the negative comments, we have enough people saying negative things about us everyday, don't join the crew. Best wishes and good luck!

Sierra

I agree with #5 completely. And way to go Lance, I am sorry that he felt he needed to hide it and am happy he is finally at peace with himself. Hopefully all these small-minded idiots will lay off of him. I wish him all the best.

Amanda

Good for him!!!
Nice comments "wheres suri cruise"
I cant believe people actually think that, let alone say those kind of things. Thats pretty disgusting.

lost in the AUG

Yeah, I was pretty shocked myself, but hey, I guess that's just the way it goes. He was my favorite back in the day when NSYNC was very popular, so I'm still a little stunned. I remember when they were all poupular and stuff and Jeoy was joking around with him and called him a "lesbian." I never would have known. Oh well........ I guess my gaydar needs to be fine-tuned!

Karlos

I'm glad that he is happy with himself

Amy

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR HIM TO COME OUT FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS!!! ANYONE THAT IS A SPITTING IMAGE OF KD LANGE IS GAY. I HAVE EXCELLENT GAYDAR.....I KNEW DANNY PINTARO (WHO'S THE BOSS) AND CHAD ALLEN(OUR HOUSE) WERE GAY WHEN THEY WERE STILL YOUNG.......REAL YOUNG. IT'S ABOUT TIME PEOPLE STOP BEING THESE HOMOPHOBES LIKE BACK IN THE 40'S AND 50'S....ITS A NEW DAY AND AGE AND PEOPLE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE WHO THEY ARE AND NOT FEEL ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED.....LANCE HAS ALWAYS BEEN MORE ON THE FEMININE SIDE SO I'M GLAD ITS FINALLY OUT THERE.....ANOTHER ONE ON MY GAYDAR HAS BEEN CONFIRMED

Aloha N Sync

Good for you Lance. No one should have to pretend that they are something they are not. I wish him the best.

anonymouse

it was rumored for years in the tabloids....which i guess goes to show there's no smoke w/o a fire. way to go lance, it took a lot of courage to do what you did. hopefully, you'll set an example for all those other famous 'in the closet' people to come out too. best wishes for you and i hope you know that you have a supporter here. your family will come around in time and if they don't, you can't live your life for them, you need to live it for yourself! good luck!

sean

straight people can't have gaydar. that would presuppose they have gay tendencies. straights, stick with what you do best... overpopulating the world.

Nikki

I am so happy for Lance to be able to have a full life now, and not havong to lie to anyone anymore. There were one of my favorite groups back in the day. I think that it is really honorable of him to worry about the happiness of the rest of the guys in the group.

Lance K.

I guess it is a big step for him (although I'm sure he wants to try to pimp his new show too) but really is there anyone who didn't know

You think JC will come out too?

Kat

pfft yeah right im pretty sure i knew that when nsyc was still together but thanks for that