Tori to Mom:

You Cheaped Out My Wedding

7/26/2006 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

spelling_0726_275_4-1 With reports of Tori Spelling's recent money woes, TMZ has learned that it was her first wedding that got the ball rolling in the rift between the "90210" star and her mother -- eventually leading to Tori's inheritance being torpedoed.

Tori was married to Charlie Shanian in July of 2004 at the Spelling's 56,000 square foot Holmby Hills estate and Candy Spelling planned the whole thing. She opened her wallet big time, hiring famed wedding planner Mindy Weiss and the tony Mark's Garden for the floral arrangements. We're told Candy dropped a cool mil on the affair. But a family friend tells TMZ, Tori felt utterly shortchanged. The friend tells TMZ that Tori thought the wedding "wasn't big enough."

Candy, on the other hand, felt slighted that Tori did not include enough of Candy's friends on the guest list. The two fought the entire time leading up to the wedding, at times not speaking to each other.

Now, after the death of Tori's TV legend father Aaron, Us Weekly is reporting that Tori will receive an inheritance that is just .16% of the Spelling fortune.

Us WeeklyIn an issue on newsstands today, Us says that Tori will receive a cash inheritance payment of $200,000 and $600,000 in private investments Aaron had set up for her. A family source tells Us this is not what Aaron had intended, but rather "a move that her mother, Candy, sole managing executor of the estate, had designed as revenge against her long-estranged daughter."

But don't think Candy has had the last laugh. There are reports that Spelling had Alzheimer's when he died. So don't rule out a challenge by Tori, who might argue that her dad was not mentally competent to cut her out.

TMZ is awaiting a response from a representative for Candy Spelling.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

sheila cook

some mothers think by being so controling they are helping you prevent alot of grief in your life, my mother is like that I know she loves me but doesn't have a clue becase it is her way or no way. So sad what a great relationship they could have it sounds so familiar.

Laura

whatever happen to not airing the dirty family laundry. for tori who says she loves to work work work....well now you can! and for the mother.... tori is and will forever be aaron's daughter AND THAT you can never tak away. so why don't you suck it up and show some maternal class and rise above the child instead of acting like one.

Carol

Tori is an adult and needs to start acting like one. I know that if I stood to inherite millions of dollars, I would be able to kiss and lick anything I needed to until I receive my millions...just goes to show that you can't fix stupid. The money is not Tori's...it is the mothers and she can do as she pleases with it. Oh ya, unconditional love only goes so far. Mothers are suppose to love their kids no matter what? Get real. Sometimes one just gets lucky enough to have children that only know how to hold their hand out. Glad to see that Candy see through this spoiled rotten little whore.

CHRISTINA

THIS IS FOR YOU TORI! YOU DESERVE MUCH MORE AND I AM SURE SOMTHING IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE WITH YOUR GREEDY MOTHER. I HAVE ONE MYSELF WHO IS SELF CENTERED AND OUT FOR HERSELF WITH MY FATHERS FORTUNE. I THINK YOU SHOULD FIGHT AND DONT GIVE UP. ITS CALLED (THE GREEDY MOTHER.)
YOU WERE DADDYS LITTLE GIRL AND STILL ARE IM SURE. IF HE KNEW HOW SHE WAS DEALING THIS OUT HE WOULD IM SURE SET IT STRAIGHT AND SCOLL HIS WIFE

Oh Please

Life is too short for this. I would give every penny I have to see my Mom's smile one more time. I am losing my Dad soon, I don't know when. All the money in the world will never replace him. I have a younger brother and I did have 2 other siblings. I lost my first brother (5 1/2) when I was 11. I lost my second brother when I was 25 and he was 31. I love my youngest brother dearly. I am the executer of the Estate and there will never be any fights between us. The only feelings we will have is the love and respect we have for our parents. I am truly sorry to see this kind of ugliness. Family is all important, money is not.

CHRISTINA

ALOT OF YOU PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THE WOMEN ARE JUST RUDE AND THEY NEED TO LOOK AT THEMSELVES AS THEY ARE JEALOUS BITCHES.

TORI YOU HAV E WORKED ALOT AND WHEN I HEAR THIS GARBAGE ABOUT YOU ON HERE ITS JUST SAD THAT THE BITCHES HAVE TO BE NASTY ROTTEN LOSERS.

Cyndi

Funny about this whole story in US magazine. Tori reportedly was suspicious and upset, that her mother was carrying on an affair. And yet, Tori gets involved with (her now second husband) who was a married man when she started seeing him, and divorces her first husband (the one Candy paid for the wedding to). Candy supposedly (from the US article) was livid with Tori, for having an affair. They are BOTH the pot calling the kettle black. Tori for being upset with her mother for having an (alledged) affair, and Tori doing the SAME thing! Also, IMO, Tori should have thought, before speaking publicly, about her mother, and tried to resolve the issue with her, privately. Now they are publicly at war, and each side is not going to let up, it will become a joke and tabloid fodder, what a shame for a mother/daughter relationship. It shows two very ugly people, with very unresolved issues. I do feel for both of them, and hope they can come together at some point in the future.

Oh Please

Please be kind and do not judge. You will be so much more satisfied in life if you walk a mile in someone elses shoes. No disrepect intented here. We all have our bridges to cross. I wish the best for them and pray they will reconcile.

much love to all

johnny

It almost makes you forget that someone actually DIED. I want to say, "sad," but the truth is, its more, "pathetic."

Sue

Wow...I didn't know Tori was a homewrecker!!! Now I feel she's gonna get what she deserves...just a matter of time before her new hubby realizes she's not going to be as rich as he thought, lets see WHO DUMPS WHO NOW...cause her looks will get her only as far as the Vegas Strip for "DRAG"....she looks like a man in drag, pretty pittiful

elaine humphreysneed

"Mothers know best" I guess Tori will have to work for a living, and maybe find a husband that will take care of her, instead of her taking care of him; you think? Life is not fair, you see.

Diane Sperry

It's sad when families argue and fight over the assests of a loved one that has died. Life is too short. My mother never even came to my wedding and the cost was incurred by my husband to be's parents. I was very appreciative, but I was 21 at the time and it really was my responibility to pay for my own wedding at that point in my life so for Tori to be upset that her mother only spent a million sounds pretty sick. For her mother to retain the assests of Tori's father the way she is doing might be because she feels that her children might not be as responsible regarding money as she and her husband were. It was their's to earn and spend as they see fit. It will most likely be left to Randy and Tori when she passes on so why the big rift. They should put their differences aside, as I said Life is too short. I still make sure my mother is very much a part of my life. It never matters what other people think of you, only what you think of yourself. Hopefully when the emotions calm down so will the hurt and anger. Good luck to both mother and daughter. Diane

Shelby

Honestly, who cares? It's really sad that the only thing these 2 women have to worry about is money; and who gets more than the other.
I won't want my business aired out in public, famous or not. Why do people care so much about everyone else's business? If this happened to you or I, no one would think anything of it.
I am not sure who the guilty party is in this situation however, neither one of these women were too concerned about spending Mr. Spelling's last few months with him. The time spent with a loved one cannot be replaced by money, and mother or not, could not keep me from seeing my father, and visa versa. Being a mother myself of all girls (4), I would of encouraged the relationship. If you ask me, they are both too self centered and righteous, and just plain spoiled rotten, and should be ashamed of themselves!
GiGi

Yarvis Torres

I don't feel sorry for either woman. Tori should be ashamed of herself for airing her private life in public. (whether her show was funny or intriguing is besides the point) Her father asked her not to do it and NOW she knows the consequences of her actions. Candy, she should be the bigger person here and stop all of this and just sit down and talk with her daughter and work this out. I'm sorry but 800k is an insult when he was worth as much as he was. Unless Candy is going to give away all of her money to persons who really need it, (something tells me she is not going to be giving that fortune to the poor and downtrodden of the United States) she should sit down and divide the fortune with the rightful owners which is Tori and I believe her brother.

Sue

I blame this mess all on their parents for spoiling Tory from day 1. What did they expect how she'd turn out as an adult if she has received everything she's always wanted all her life. If it weren't for her daddy she would of never had made movies. Now that she's a spoiled adult why shouldn't she RUN to mommy and demand her money that she's owed? Pretty sad, shame on her mother and deceased daddy. What goes around comes around. They need to check in with reality and what's going on with the real world that's located outside their famous, glorious fortune and visit Louisianna and see how THOSE FAMILES are surviving after their devastation. Shame on the Spelling Family. And, I hope her new hubby runs out on her with Paris Hilton and dumps her prego butt.....lets see how she feels now! ha ha ha

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments