Mel Gibson

Busted for DUI

7/28/2006 8:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson BustedMel Gibson was arrested by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department in Malibu, Calif. early this morning for suspicion of DUI. Bail was set at $5,000.

He was pulled over for speeding in his 2006 Lexus as he was heading eastbound on the Pacific Coast Highway and a Breathalyzer test was administered. The arrest report lists the time of arrest as 2:36AM and the time booked as 4:06AM. Gibson was released at 9:45 a.m.

A spokesman for the Los Angeles Country Sheriff's Department told TMZ, "Mel Gibson was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. He was released later this morning. The investigation was still ongoing, just like it would be with any other person."

A rep for Gibson tells TMZ they are "checking into" the matter.

EXCLUSIVE UPDATE: A sheriff's official told TMZ Gibson had a blood alcohol level of .12. The legal limit in the state of California is .08.

UPDATE 9:15 p.m. Explosive new details in this case! Click here.

Chris

Give the Road Warrior the respect he deserves and has earned. Everyone makes mistakes in life, so give him a break. Look how much he has accomplished in life so far!

michelle

I could care less if Mel drinks or not, its not like drinking is something that no one does. HE IS A GREAT ACTOR!!!!! although DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!!!!!
________________________

Sandy

It's always those preaching, religious zealots that end up in the paper with prostitutes, driving drunk, etc.

patricia robinson

Everyone makes mistakes
Focus
Most of what happens, we do to our self--by not focusing the confusion doesn’t give life, much of an out let..
From the 1st. Second that we come into this world--God gives us choices as life brings on its own emotional swirls..
From birth, we know right from wrong--its self that makes life’s memories beautiful like a song..
God says what we need has always been there--reach while you’re young not when the bodies old with wrinkles and gray hair..
Because I soaked in sin for years--when I reached I was sick, addicted, my life was full of tears..
All of this happened because I didn’t love me enough--it hurts today, that I didn’t allow me to focus..
I wanted to live life the easy way--back then I didn’t have strength, patience, peace like I have today..
This life God allows us is tough enough--what we got to do is find a way to focus..
We got to find us a quiet place--to worship right up in Gods face..
The patience we display, guarantees the promise we receive--all of this can only be if we seek and believe..
Because if we strengthen our selves the body will become tough--this will change the tempo of life, which will allow us to focus..
By: Patricia Robinson--6/2006

WOODY

AS DONK SAID TO MIC, I'M SURE HE WOULD'VE SAID TO MEL,

"HEY MEL, GET STUFFED!"

DORIS

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS ANYONE THAT IS JUDGING ON THIS REPORT IS AN IDIOT. SOMETIMES THINGS ARE NOT AS THEY SEEM

Debbie

So what if Mel Gibson was drinking and driving? How many of you that are so quick to criticize him have done the same thing and gotten away with it? Give the man a break, he's human just like the rst of us.

nicholas

Oh the originality! Communion wine, religous nutbag, drunk when he made "that movie", etc. What does his religion have to do with this? If harvey Weinstein got a DUI would people people come down on the fact that he is a jew? i think not.

Victoria Tegantvoort

I just cannot believe all the cruel things others can say when someone is down. Lets just look in the mirror shall we?

Barbara Milligan

Any celebrity that acts human and has incidents, no matter how trivial or serious should not bare any more rath than any other person. Unfortunately, their lives are under scrutiny every minute, so it must be some real pressure all the time. Let the person without faults cast the stones.............

Doreen S.

My prayers are with you Mel! Time to get back to some meetings. Happens to the best of us. Just go back to "Step One".

God Bless.

Sign me as a "friend of Bill W".

viann

Doesn't he know better than to blow?!

Sheri

I think people are being to hard on him. I don't recall that Mel Gibson every presented himself as being better than anyone. He just has his faith, and even those that are strong in their beliefs fall sometimes. As christians, one is supposed to offer their hands to those that encounter hard times, not smash their faces in the ground while they are down.

Lisa

I can not believe some of ya'lls comments. "Nazi Lover" WTF?
Not one of you is without sin, so talk about "he whom casts the first stone".. BEWARE!!!!

I would rather live as though there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as though there isn't a GOD and find out there IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Words to Live by people......Think before you speak (type)

John

TMZ is nothing more than a celebrity stalking bunch of terrorists.