Braff's Love Life ... or Lack Thereof

8/22/2006 3:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Zach Braff: Click to watchWhile promoting his new film, "The Last Kiss," Zach Braff opened up about the troubles of dating in Hollywood. The "Scrubs" star recently split with Mandy Moore, due in part to their nine-year age difference, and says the scrutiny put on celebrities can be overwhelming.

"A relationship is hard, doing it in the public eye is something that's very new to me. I was a waiter 5 years ago and when I was a waiter nobody was telling lies about me in the tabloids. But it's par for the course."

One recent tabloid rumor even linked him with Jessica Simpson but Braff insists the gossip isn't true: "Totally made up. I've met her a couple times, she's a sweet girl but I think I saw her two months ago at a bar in the Hamptons and that was it."

"The Last Kiss" opens September 15th.

Awesomeness

I feel like Zach needs to get over himself. No one is actually interested in him, we were all interested in Mandy Moore because she is absolutely adorable.

The Jerz

Not a big fan of Scrubs. In all honesty- I'm that interested in his love life either.

moretocome

I like Scrubs. It's one of the only funny sitcoms left on TV. Office and Earl are good mindless entertainment as well. I didn't get the impression that he was full of himself any more than any other star. Stars are all kind of full of themselves.

ECJ

This guy is so ugly... Mandy was a sweetheart and probably felt bad that no one elselooked at this guy. He's just plain ugly.

Laura

I LOOOOOOVE Zach Braff!! I want to hear more about him! I think he is by far the funniest person on TV. He deserves more credit than he gets. I'll take over where Mandy left off...

Laura

Whoever said Zach is ugly, is a retard. I think he is absolutely beautiful!!

Whatever

This guy is a mutt.

J

Love Zach!!! Scrubs rules! Wish there were more shows like it on t.v.

Whatever

This guy thinks he is hot? He needs to look in a mirror.

Midwest

The man is brilliant. Did any of you see Garden State?? I know everyone hated it, but if you really watched it, you understand what I mean. Give the guy a break. Anyone new to the spotlight is bound to have a wierd reaction to all the media scrutiny. He's a humble man, dont badger him with all the negativity. Save it for Paris!!

Linda

I loved his movie "Garden State" and I absolutely love "Scrubs"..it's one of the funniest shows on right now. I think Zach is very humble and sweet and he's cute in his own way. I hope he finds happiness and love.
And It is hard to have people make up stories about you when you are in show Biz..... A lot of show biz folks are into themselves...but I think Zach is one of the humble ones.

Ivette

Zach Braff is just getting used to all this publicity...I don't care who he's dating as long as he keeps making great movies and keeps making us lauch on SCRUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!