Former House Leader

Weighs In on 'Dancing' Race

9/7/2006 1:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tom DeLayTom DeLay, the House Majority Leader who was forced to resign earlier this year, has decided to pitch in his two cents about one of America's tightest races. No, not a political race. We're talking about the new season of "Dancing With the Stars."

DeLay, a former Republican congressman from Texas, sent out a letter to his supporters urging them to watch -- and vote for -- country singer Sara Evans in the third season of the popular ABC show. "Sara Evans has been a strong supporter of the Republican Party and represents good American values in the media," DeLay wrote. "We have always been able to count on Sara for her support of the things we all believe in. Let's show Sara that same support."

But DeLay's comments weren't just limited to supporting Evans. No, DeLay also took the time to bash one of Evans' competitors. "One of her opponents on the show is ultra liberal talk show host Jerry Springer," DeLay wrote. "We need to send a message to Hollywood and the media that smut has no place on television by supporting good people like Sara Evans."

"Dancing With the Stars" premieres September 12.

Damian

Uh, yeah, he should be in jail...EXCEPT HE DIDN"T BREAK THE LAW!!!!! I guess the courtesy Howard Dean OSAMA Bin Laden (innocent until proven guilty) doesn't apply to republicans. Your Democratic party is an embarassment.

ME

Republicans seem to want to politicize everything in their favor. Lucky we don't vote on Diebold machines. Dancing votes should honestly be for whomever you consider to be the best dancer. May that person win.

loreliese duthay

Why won't this guy go away and die? He reminds me of shit, I can't get off my shoe! Now the poor gal will never get a chance, unless its rigged, which I suspect, most of these Reality Shows are . . .
From Idol, too, So you think you can dance? too, Big Brother housearrest.
The only one, which I think is true, is, Amazing Race

Debbie Crain

Well...isn't it just like a Republican to think that they are the only good people! Oh, and that they are the only honorable, patriotic, caring, loving, etc., people!!! I certainly hope the average American has awakened from their "political slumber" and doesn't fall for these clowns in the next elections!!

Larry

Having met Jerry Springer when he was Cincinnati Mayor, I would proffer the notion that Jerry has more integrity in his little finger than Tom DeLay has in his entire body.

What Jerry does now is simply show biz. DeLay played loose with the American people's trust. He should simply shut his indicted mouth.

Richard Clark

Why would any person of normal intellegence listen to any former windbag from Congress? Especially one who has fed at the trough of tax payer's money for so long. And that wasn't enough, he had to become a low class thief. I hope that we get to see him in handcuffs on his way to prision. And on Prime Time TV.

LC

Tom Delay is a good man. He is being framed. I will vote for Sara.
You must listen to liberal media ALL THE TIME

Ransomed

Some of you on this blog site are proving that Tom Delay is correct in saying that hollywood types have little to no morals. Some of you are apparently so uneducated that the only means of expression that you have is foul language. Perhaps you should stop spending so much time on these sites and try reading few good books to expand your language power.

BLT

He is Such a liar! I worked with his wife Karen in 1982 in Denver, she was a very nice person. I briefly met him, along with their then 13 year old adopted son. He moved her to Texas around 1984/85, so I lost touch with her, I am assuming they divorced, because now he is claiming this wife he has and his "only" child, his daughter he gave a job to in his office, only child? what happened to your son thats now in his 30's? Does he not exist anymore? What a slime, karen is well rid of him, she deserves sooo much better!

Michael

Hey Tom
I know Sara is a republican, but please don't use this nice lady to push you garbage. And also your attacing Hollywood after what you have done you hypocrite.

eddie in texas city

I have only one thing to say to Mr. DeLay.
Don't drop the soap!

WB

After reading the remarks above it leaves no doubt why the politics in this country are so pathetic. It appears that the average response comes from an IQ between 14.836789432 and 27.607893213546. I am especially offended by the ignorance regarding Tom Delay backing Sara Evans. She does not need his political input nor should it have anything to do with the outcome of her dancing with the stars debut.

Tiffany

I agree with Hunter. DeLay's uninvited endorsement is doing nothing to help Sara steal this competition. Jerry Springer even said on Inside Edition that Sara came up to him and apologized for what DeLay wrote, and said she had nothing to do with it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4