Huge Surprises, Hot Stars at Fashion Rocks Party

9/8/2006 2:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Christina Aguilera & Elton John: Click to watchNew York Fashion Week kicked off in style last night with the Fashion Rocks concert at Radio City Music Hall.

The yearly event, honoring the relationship between fashion and music, benefits the Elton John AIDS Foundation and Elton was in house to perform with some of today's hottest pop acts. Christina Aguilera paired up with John to sing a rendition of "Benny and the Jets" while Black Eyed Peas performed The Temptations' "Get Ready" with the music icon.
Carmen Electra: click to watch
The red carpet was also filled with some interesting couples as well. Richie Sambora and Denise Richards finally showed up somewhere together in public, Carmen Electra looked smokin' hot as she she arrived solo and Kimora Lee Simmons made an appearance with ex Russell.

Beyoncé Knowles, Bon Jovi and The Pussycat Dolls also performed at the concert, which airs tonight on CBS.

Rick

ELTON JOHN IS NOTHING MORE THAN AN OLD ASS TROLL WHO BECAME BITCHY WITH HIS OLD ASS SELF......HE REMINDS ME OF ANOTHER FAT OLD ROSIE O'DONNELL....JUST MEAN AS THEY GET INTO THIER OLD OLD AGE...ELTON YOU BITCHING LIKE SOME OLD ASS DYKE IS VERY UNBECOMING ESPECIALLY FOR SOME WRINKLED UP QUEEN LIKE YOU!!!

David Mustoe

Connection of Music and Fashion you really think is a cause for celebration?
Man growing up in the seventies is something I'm glad to of been a part of.
That was a time when music was the rebel, and the music listened to was determined "by the People". Then MTV came on the scene and NOT well recieved.
But hey were talking corporate here..thats when the rules changed. I remember on my block only 10 yr. olds listening to MTV's c"rap" groups. But hey, corporate stays 'telling' the people what to listen to basically. Ya stay around long enough and drone your stuff continually into kids ears, their gonna grow up liking it.
I see a lot of twenty something year olds acting like 10 yr. olds in the seventies.
They draw their confidence off of this thug vocal toned crap music whose artists(haha) can't even sing and repeat 4 or 5 bass notes over and over again. Those groups are literally like cavemen in comparison to the compositional skills I grew up listening to...and what cracks me up is when some young stuff turns up his crap music thinking he's going to impress me, not having the slightest clue as to how much he's embarassing himself to me and people of my generation. We tolerate, because hey, let the young be young..but MAN is the artistic world of music in dire bondage.
And please give up thinking your impressing any of us older people. Were only laughing at that stuff.
Yeah, then came MTV and music(?) videos with dancing. All of a sudden ya had to have music that could be danced to. Fellow seventiers, when ya saw that, did you not see the bellowing horn of the return of disco-ish elements?
Musicians now had to be fast flashing video performers? Compositional quality
traded off for how much you glittered! The hydrogen bomb of superficiality leaving only remnnants of real compositional quality left. Now we live in a world where Madonna is considered a legend (who we laughed at from day one) and Brittany Spears 'Star'..who back in the day would've gotten no further than teen beat magazine alongside Bobby Sherman and The Osmonds.
CELEBRATION OF MUSIC AND FASHION?!!
Ya have no idea how many of us out here view that commentary/title as the equivalent of CELEBRATING THE COMMEMORATION OF THE MAIMING OF THE ART IN MUSIC. That title would at least be keeping it real. But keeping it real isn't what this celebration is about..its simply about celebrating stupidity.
But hey isn't that really the fashion of today in the end?!
Christina Aguilera, Carmen Electra, Beyonce--- What a joke! Maybe I could like them if you removed half my brain cells.

kal

Sounds like Monty ( in above post) is very bitter. It's OK luv, we all still love you.

sherry

This year's Fashion Rocks sucked! There were only a couple of good performances. I loved Beyonce, Christina, Faith/Tim, and Nelly Furtado. Otherwise, BEp's are terrible as usual. Fergie keeps doing the same damn performance minus the lip-synching this time. What is the excitemement over the Pussycat Dolls? At least the Spice Girls (as bad as they were) somehow tried to sing. And what is the constant fawning over Bon Jovi? I prefer Def Leppard or Kiss, would have been more excitement. And Rihanna seemed to miss the parts she was lip-synching. The artists at prior shows did at least 2 songs and one with a classic artist. That was lacking and why did Elton have Rihanna of all people sing the Bitch is Back with him? The audience was dull and boring. All they did was sit through almost every performance. The only ovations were Bon Jovie, Beyonce and Elton/Christina. a sensible few that didn't act like they were too cool for school actually did get up to dance or at least act like they want to be there. Usually everybody in the audience is more energetic. Definitely not as good as others. Otherwise, Bey's performance was classy and it was cool that she gave tribute to Josephine Baker. Most female pop artists act like music started with Janet and Mariah so it was refreshing. Faith/Tim were sweet and romantic. Nelly was full of energy and i like how she re-invented herself. And Christina was really good, although the 50s thing is sort of waning on me. I'd like her to perform minus the costume imagery.

Eddie Engel

The best band was BonJovi the rest sucks.

Jane

I was shocked to hear how awful Elton John sounded....with all his money he should just retired.....and an above post, yes he has become bitchy....

gail

YES BONJOVI STILL HAS IT THEY GOT THE BIGGEST OVATION-JON ROCKS AND SO GORGEOUS

Jill

Monty, Please pull your head out of your ass...Elton John is a Legend, and has every right to be bitchy now and again. DO NOT disrespect Sir Elton...Hes' still the bomb, no matter what!!! MUCH LOVE, ELTON!!!

debbie

I watched the show with much anticipation and it was boring!!!!!!!!!! I wasted 2 hours I will never get back. I thought Beyonce's performance/tribute to Josephine Baker was hella ridiculous and Fashion Rocks was not the right platform for it. I loved Farnsworth Bentley and Bon Jovi..they rocked! But the audience was boring and the fashions sucked. I was very dissapointed. It was not good.

liska

#1 YOU ARE SOOOOO RIGHT. HE BITCH AND COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING AND TRYS TO BULLY PEOPLE LIKE ROSIE

liska

MY HEAD HURT AFTER THAT SHOW.

autonews

I can't see Carmen's clip !