Anna Nicole Lost Memory of Son's Death

9/14/2006 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Anna Nicole and Daniel SmithWhile the circumstances surrounding the death of Anna Nicole Smith's son Daniel are still unclear, Anna Nicole has now issued a statement, through her Bahamian lawyer Michael R. Scott, detailing the events of the incident.

Smith says she, Howard K. Stern (her US lawyer) and Daniel spent the entire evening on Saturday together in her hospital room after Stern picked Daniel up at the airport at 10:30pm.

At 9:38 am Sunday morning, Anna Nicole awoke and noticed her son was not breathing and alerted nurses. Medical staff attempted to revive Daniel but were unsuccessful. Daniel was pronounced dead but "Anna Nicole and Howard frantically continued resuscitation efforts."

Anna Nicole refused to leave her son's side and it became necessary "to sedate her in order to check her out of the hospital."

Due to the sedation and her grief, Anna Nicole suffered "memory loss of the event" and Stern even had to tell her again that Daniel had died.

Smith's statement adds that she is "shocked and appalled" that the press have not allowed her to grieve in private. And is asking the media to wait for the coroner's report "before leaping to sensational, speculative and unfounded conclusions as to how Daniel died."

Lou

Why is TMZ so racist?

Eli

I have a feeling the lawyer is a little suspicious in this matter, he picked him up and everything?

Poor her I really feel for her as a mother myself I can imagine her pain

tara

That is sad!

Freelols.com

I thought Anna Nicole was ALWAYS sedated!

In lieu of flowers, Anna's requesting old rich guys.

Caprice

I couldn't imagine anything worse than losing a child. Only a parent could relate to this...the love between mother and child is the purest love of all.

Eli

# 4 your a dumbass c***

Eli

#4 I could tell your an idiot, I wonder how you would feel in her situation, probably nothing cause with that stupid head you were probably born from a mule!

Freelols.com

#6 - take a sphelling klass.

BTW, Anna Nicole's getting her own series on HBO: Sex and the Cemetary.

alissa

#4 i agree with #6 you would not like to be in this womans shoes right now.
theres nothing funny about losinga child, loved one or any death.

steve

There needs to be a reality show with:

Whitney and Anna

Titled "WHACKED"

Imagine the ratings..................................

tita

# 6 I am a mother and I pray for her. You should not be so hard like that . My prays to the family RIP

Eli

#11 read better next time

Jodi

Hey Drew. You need the spelling class. It's "cemetery" not "cemetary".
You really have no compassion for someone who has lost a child.

Amanda

Nobody will disagree that Anna has acts questionably at time and any comments about her, her son, what happened and what "you think" of her - let her be. It is unbearable to bury your child. Leave her be and everyone please HAVE SOME CLASS. Regardless of the erratic behavior in the past, let things play out and leave her alone.

Curious

I think the family should be left alone and allowed to grieve, but a mystery like this begs for answers. 20 year old people do not just lie down and die for no reason, people will and should demand answers.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments