Don't Cage the Dog!

9/14/2006 6:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Duane Dog Chapman: Click to watchIn the wake of Duane Dog Chapman's arrest and pending extradition to Mexico, support is pouring in for the famed bounty hunter.

A&E, the channel which airs his reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," issued a statement saying, "A&E supports Dog and his family during this difficult time and is proud of his role in helping to bring a convicted serial rapist to justice."

Chapman traveled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in 2003 to retrieve Max Factor cosmetics heir Andrew Luster, who was wanted in the U.S. on rape charges. Luster is now in jail, serving a 124-year term. The Chapmans were jailed in Mexico for a brief time for the incident three years ago. Bounty hunting is considered a crime in Mexico.

"Dog is a hero to America ... Dog captured this horrible guy [Andrew Luster] and now he's in trouble for it all over again, " says Rick Fass of Powerlock, a company Chapman is a spokesman for. "It just doesn't make sense," Fass adds, "Powerlock and the entire Powerlock family stands behind our national spokesperson."

Chapman recently filmed an ad for the Powerlock company's new product, Wheel Safe, which keeps wheels, tires and custom rims locked, preventing robbery.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

candice moore

FIRST EVER!!!!!!!

candice moore

I love dog! Beth needs to watch that Oprah show about wearing the wrong bra! And Lealand.....I would eat him up if he was right in front of me YUM YUM!

Megs

The crime committed in Mexico by Dog was a MISDEMEANOR. Not a felony.
You can't extradite someone to another country for a misdemeanor!!! Dog and his family are good people who have changed their lives and are respectful of the criminals they arrest. Beth said the US Marshals stormed through their house armed with the children there. At least the Marshals could have respected this hero who risked his life to send a brutal rapist to jail. A rapist who was sentenced to 124 years in prison. F*ck the Mexican government and f*ck MaxFactor.

Mic

3 years later?!!!! Give me a break!!! Who was the Hawaii magistrate that signed the warrant in the first place?! This is government bullying. I hope Dog sues them big time!!!!!! Stay strong Dog, Leland, Tim, and especially Beth. We love all of you.

Kat

I don't trust those Mexican officals....no telling who they might pay to "rough up" the Chapmans.......you bastards better not touch my Leland....this is such a ridiculous miscarriage of justice............no justice here or obviously over there....

spam

Mexico sucks...and ummm lets throw in Mexicans as well, they both blow.

jerry

I dont know how we can send the dog back to mexico.When what he is charged with is not a felony.But we have more felons from mexico in america and our goverment wont do sh*t to get them back to mexico.it goes to show you that our goverment wont bite the hand that feeds them!!!Jerry

Max Factor

A friend of my cousin's dog groomer's maid who lives in Mexico City and whose neighbours sister's friend works for the Mexican Justice Deparment said something about them having a 3 way orgy with "several" underage Mexican prostitutes.

coco puff

The dog is a f***en p***y. He couldn't catch my ass if I were in quick sand! The only reason he catches those fools is cause there all f***ed up on METH! Give me a f***en break man! There ain't no way some cigarette smoking, jewerly wairing white man would ever catch my ass. I bet you he was somebody's bitch in jail! No doubt!

Jeannie

This is INSANE!!! I don't know anyone who does not support him in capturing this mad man. Somebody is Mexico is making some bucks by issuing this arrest warrant? Not only do they have greasy hair, they also have greasy palms!!!!!

kay

I hope the American government will do everything in their power to get Dog, Tim, and Leland back home to their family. I agree in giving Dog the title of "Hero" for all the work him and his family and friends devoted their lives to.

Kat

Jimmy the T, your a moron...buy yourself an intellectual education!

Miss Smith

Someone needs to find out who the magistrate was that signed the warrant in Hawaii and flood his office with calls!

CINDY

You Bastards!!!! Give back the "Dog"

Anita W.

Amazing how the U.S. cannot seem to get illegal immigrants out of this country OR get Mexican murders back to face charges.

I am in Denver and an illegal Mexican immigrant is currently on trial for shooting two police officers -- one in the back of his head at point blank range. He fled to Mexico and instead of the Mexican gov't HONORING the extradition treaty... the forced our prosecutors to BARGAIN for his return to the U.S. The Mexican Supreme Court unilaterally changed their end of our agreement, but funny how they now expect us to turn over someone accused of a misdemeanor.

The Mexican gov't wants to protect murders and rapists, export their poor and uneducated masses, and manipulate our outrage by playing the race card (oh, before you call me a bigot, I am Black and know all about the race so I call it like I see it!).

Enough is enough. A fish rots from top. Mexico is already there, how long before it happens to us?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments