Joey and Mario's

'Dancing' High

9/15/2006 3:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joey Lawrence and Mario Lopez couldn't be more thrilled with their new gig as wannabe Fred Astaires on "Dancing With the Stars."

Joey Lawrence and Mario Lopez
A source tells TMZ that the two muscle bound hunks were recently involved in a conversational love fest over being cast on the hit series.

Lawrence and Lopez were going on about how happy they were to be involved with a program that provides family-friendly entertainment and gets you into tip top shape as well. Not like their collective 12-pack needed any toning.

Joey further stated that he feels the ABC reality show was not a nail in the career coffin, unlike VH1's "The Surreal Life" which Lawrence added was the equivalent of a network saying your Hollywood days are over. Unless, of course, you're Flavor Flav!

Well, by the looks of "Dancing's" stellar ratings it appears neither of them has to worry about being a has-been...for now. Whoa!

Lou

fFASCINATING STORY, TMZ

Eli

Mario is so freaking hot, you could tell hes latin the way he shakes them hips and move on the dance floor, yummy!

DESERT RAT

I was hoping Joey did good and he did. I knew mario would kick ass. They both did a good job. But Mario ..... how you americans say "mamma mia".

...

Joey was OK but Mario's dancing was HOT HOT HOT! He's gonna win the whole thing -- it's hardly worth watching the remaining shows. Even Carrie what's-her-name said they are "the couple to beat" and, of course that Italian judge's comment about Mario having "extra batteries in his pants" is pretty telling, too.

ha!

This only is important if they are going to do it...I mean for real....

Uh?

Dancing with the stars is the most homosexual show on TV....Period

Angie

I was watching the show, and then I realized that Mario Lopez and Shanna Moakler used to star on a USA Network show called "Pacific Blue". Remember it was a show about bike cops on a So. Cal beach. I actually loved that show. It was liked "Baywatch" on wheels. I can imagine the conversations they're having now. Consider both of their careers have had some ups and downs. I hope the show revitalizes Joey Lawrence career as well. They're all my favorite people, and I wish them the best of luck!

Dimples

Joey wasn't bad, but Mario was terrific. I thought that Mario was the best dancer by far.

mommaco

Mario is *HOT* but he's a cheater... so boo him!

Rhianna

MARIO WAS JAMMIN. I DEFINITLEY THINK HE WILL BE THE ONE TO WATCH OUT FOR.

Caprice

Mario has rhythm..something you can't learn..you either have it or you don't..and he has plenty of it!!! Mario to win!!!

ROSIE

WHOOAA!!! Am I the only one that thinks joey looks but ugly bald??? I dont like joey very much, why? well, he is ashamed of his past and being a 'teen bop.I hate people trying to forget what made them famous in the first place' Mario embraced it and said 'hey, it was fun, and it is what it is.'
so, im soooo glad that Mario turned out to be a awsome dancer!!

We, are not amused.

Harry Sez: "Ah, fame is a fickle mistress. One day its "whoa" and then its hosting "The World's Funniest Animals on APL". (Harry is of course jealous that he never got the call back in 1989 for the role of Screech on 'Saved by the Bell".)

?

Joey was good. Mario was great. Emmett much better than expected. Best female goes to Vivica. Carlson and Jerry were just bad. Harry was at least trying but stunk. The rest were just OK. That female judge never likes the women. For her to say, Sara Evans, should go before the 3 awful men, was just wrong.

CoreyCarrier

Oh, Mario can't even keep his marriage together and Joey's going bald. "Where's my hair??!! Whoa!"

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments